I love my Tailor

Gsoares**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My tailor has done a great job for a number of friends on gi's.

I had him Trim a pair of keiko racca pants for my Jiu Jitsu gi and is sized perfect. He double stiched the seems to make sure they could not be ripped apart. Feels stronger then when i got them brand new. They were to long to begin with, i needed them shorter and was going to have to order new pants if it wasnt for him.

What really set me off is, I have a Mizuno double weave that was about 200$ from Judo that ive quit wearing because it was simply to big. I just dropped it off with him to have it completely altered to new specs. I gave him my keiko Racca gi and he said he can have them size matched and double stiched to be as strong as the original mizuno. Will save me loads of money because i was thinking on buying a new mizuno for jiu jitsu.. Im not sure how much he is going to charge yet. But ill let you guys know how it comes out.

Reason i posted is some people dont think about taking their gi's to be altered, instead they spend money and just order a completely new one. Thought a couple of you migh like to hear a way to save a couple $.

Congrats to him! Its hard to find a good tailor around these days i tell you...

My gameness jacket is too big, do you think a tailor will be able to fix it so it fits me snug?

that or a dryer.

I've only ever taken stuff to a tailor to have patches put on (Gi top) or rips repaired (grappling shorts)

But hey if it works out cheaper why not.

Cool post man. I am always hesistant to get things altered. I glad that it worked out for you.

Damnit bad news on the jacket... The mizuno is too thick to be sewn threw... lol
After i talked him up he falls threw..

He still did do a good job on the pants next time i buy a gi ill just buy a a3 mizuno.

Sucks i have a judo-gi that was 200$ and i dont use it for crap now..

Said he could alter my Keiko racca but the mizuno is like trying to sew two pieces of steel together.

Yeah ive always been hesistant too to get things altered, dont ask why. Maybe ill give it a try.

i talked to the guy today he said he couldnt fit it in the machine and then showed me it wouldnt fit.. he said he put it in and forced it and the needle broke in half when it hit the seem.

He told me the only machines heavy duty enough to sew through it would be apohlstry machines.. Like for sewing couches together.

a new hope arises... considering it is so thick the tailor refferred me to a friend of his that owns a shoe repair shop. With machines that are much tougher to sew threw leather.

I talked to the lady who owns the shop and she is confident that she can do the work. im going to take it by there today and see what she has to say.

Take it to a leather/tanner shop. They have taken up the sleeves on a POS krugan gi I had.

www.SSFgear.com

better than buying some more sun tan oil greaing your self up and getting your oil checked.

yep this has turned into some trouble dropped the gi off though they took measurements and says it will be done wednesday... 25$ to alter the gi completely.... We will see how it works out.

How much do tailors charge to sew on patches to a gi? I have a large one for the back and a medium one for the front.

like 5-10$... max.

My tailr charges 3$ for a decent size patch.

What the hell ....

Go to a military alterations place and they usually charge a buck.

E

Back