I love how Dominick Cruz talks to all team alpha male like they are air head teenage kids

Sometimes the peripheral stuff makess me like a fighter more or less, but in general I do
Umm, do you remember how much this forum got whipped into a frenzy over Chute Boxe vs BTT beef? And the wolf tickets for Rampage vs Rashad? The constant petty drama around Tito/Chuck/Couture? And on and on. Face it buddeh, this "sport" thrives on WWE drama and personalities.

I dont know where you "fight purists" get off with the holier than thou attitude like you're above any sort of engagement with the personal conflicts outside of the octagon as if you watch fights in some isolated bubble.

I'm far from fight purist as you deem to categorize me. Sure there has always been one fan base vs another fan base, but that's not what I'm talking about. If you followed the context of my post, I'm more or less referencing the TMZ'ing of mma, along with the constant monitoring of social media, hanging onto every post as if it's gospel.

Seems like the "fans" along with the UFC are turning sport this into a soap opera/sports entertainment, and the low intellect fans are eating this crap up.

While TAM are clearly not the brightest bunch, Cruz's shit talk is ridiculously overrated.

"What are you talking about" is considered amazing....

Smh

Is there anyone at TAM who isnt a total dunce?

images

I don't think trash talk is always a great measure of who is smart and who is not. I mean, are you ever really riveted by trash talk?
Unfortunately it seems to be what many people gravitate to. It explains some of the personalities we see as fans. a lot of people just want to see drama

Cruz had the highest IQ in the whole building, arguing with him is pointless. However he got hit plenty of times in his last two bouts.

While TAM are clearly not the brightest bunch, Cruz's shit talk is ridiculously overrated.

Smh
Its not. The whole bit was very awkward but this was funny.

Garbrandt wearing a brown suit just looks atrocious. I have no issues with the neck tat, but you can't wear a suit with a neck tat. That's just... Eww.

Its not. The whole bit was very awkward but this was funny.

Cody won that exchange with actual trash talk, in that particular part.... It made sense what Cody said. Dom saying "what are you talking about" is a pretty weak comeback.

He was essentially implying Dom is a pussy that just runs..... Saying "what are you talking about" isn't exactly a good comeback.... It is what Dom said because he didn't have a legit comeback.

Cody is one of the worst trash talkers I've ever seen. He should be fined and suspended for that embarrassing interview. I almost had to change the channel.

Cody won that exchange with actual trash talk, in that particular part.... It made sense what Cody said. Dom saying "what are you talking about" is a pretty weak comeback.

He was essentially implying Dom is a pussy that just runs..... Saying "what are you talking about" isn't exactly a good comeback.... It is what Dom said because he didn't have a legit comeback.
what trash talk? he was saying a rehearsed line that failed miserably and Dom was confused and Cody ended up confused as well.
If he was implying that Dom just runs then he has to chase him.

I used to like cruz but his bully antics drove me off. now I'd even wish he lost to on eof them altought I don't like that camp much. might as well not watch it actually

what trash talk? he was saying a rehearsed line that failed miserably and Dom was confused and Cody ended up confused as well.
If he was implying that Dom just runs then he has to chase him.

No he doesn't and that was his point, so neither of you got something that made sense..... lol

Pretty sad when a guy with necktats has a comeback that goes over your heads.....

No he doesn't and that was his point, so neither of you got something that made sense..... lol

Pretty sad when a guy with necktats has a comeback that goes over your heads.....
If he's running, how is he going to hit him?

Maybe not a measure of intelligence ,but sure is a measure of wit and Cruz has gotten the best of every tam fighter both in and out of the cage. I couldn't believe Garbrandt asked Cruz who have you beat?!

Reason why he is the best he has the skill and the wit to go with it. I hope he boxes circles around Cody and then sets up the rematch with TJ it is going to be great fight.

If he's running, how is he going to hit him?

He isn't going to chase him and force him to come to him. That's it.

It was clear as day to me what he implied with what he said. It wasn't even a little confusing.

I'm far from fight purist as you deem to categorize me. Sure there has always been one fan base vs another fan base, but that's not what I'm talking about. If you followed the context of my post, I'm more or less referencing the TMZ'ing of mma, along with the constant monitoring of social media, hanging onto every post as if it's gospel.

Seems like the "fans" along with the UFC are turning sport this into a soap opera/sports entertainment, and the low intellect fans are eating this crap up.

The kind of process you are describing is in my opinion affecting all sports (I mean, doesn't TMZ have a show focusing only on sports?) but it is very noticable in MMA.

I think part of the reason is that if you are a big fan of a fighter, you only get to see them fight a few times a year and maybe a little promo on how their training is going. If you want to talk about your fighter more than two or three times a year, you are going to have to find some very insignificant piece of news and start a thread on it. It makes sense to me, but it does get tiresome.

Unfortunately it seems to be what many people gravitate to. It explains some of the personalities we see as fans. a lot of people just want to see drama

I'm not sure anyone just wants to see the drama, though maybe you are right and some do. I think MMA fans want to see MMA fights and some MMA fans like them seasoned with a lot of drama.

MMA is like whiskey. Some like it neat and some like to adulterate it with coffee, or bitters, or various kinds of fruit juice. But it is safe to say that no one drinks an Old-Fashioned because they are in it just for the bitters.

shots.gif

Smh
That's how I also feel. Cruz is articulate, but did not say anything particularly clever in this video. The point of trashtalk is to create interest and I was bored 1 min into the video.

Back