I like Glover but a title shot???

Repoman23

Green Belt
Reaction score
I like to watch the guy fight no doubt about that, but can one really be given a title shot at LHW without beating at least a top 10 guy? I feel like Glover is going to get manhandled by Jones and in my opinion the guy has not done near enough to get a shot anyway. How can he be given a shot without beating at least one of these guys?

Shogun, Rashad, Gus, Hendo, Machida, Lil Nog, Phil Davis?

I understand the guy has 20 wins in a row but I would like to see him beat a top 10 guy before getting a crack at Jones. Either way I will watch.

I like Glover, why not create a zillion threads like this right?

Now this is definitely my answer.

But why Glover?

loooool

Good question. I'm about to make my own thread asking the same thing.

Yes, Jones should fight more middleweights so he can feel good about himself again.

glover won't stand a chance

it'll look like Jones/motyushenko

He made Rampage look like an amateur and at the time he was top 10 ranked. He finished Bader in the first round and he was top 10 ranked.

I like Glover, why not create a zillion threads like this right?

hahahaha

And for TS... Glover has two top 10 wins... remember he beat a in-shape Rampage besides his last rd.1 KO win over Bader.

People used to think that Gustaffson was going to be manhandled but Jones... well, there it goes.

I think an 8 year undefeated streak should count for something, dont you? Also, say what you will against Rampage, but the dude is not an easy guy to beat, even at the end of his days.

The question isn't whether Glover has earned a title shot because he has. It's whether he's earned it above a rematch for Gustafsson.

The Brazillian FEDOR! He might be , but he should fight Mousasi or Gus before getting to Jones. He hasnt really earned a Title fight yet. But Dana knows best so I will enjoy whatever fight comes about.

Get a life then you wont think about those things and just enjoy this great fight

Uhhhh who can match Glovers streak right now at 205?? Or maybe ever? He deserves the title shot. What you think about the style match-up is less important than how Glovers deodorant smells to Dana, literally. Glover has an incredible streak, with some totally legit guys making up the streak. He deserves it.

Glover isnt as durable as Gus so a couple of well placed kicks and elbows will do the job for JBJ

Yes, Jones should fight more middleweights so he can feel good about himself again.

This is pathetic...Jones fights whoever the UFC puts in front of him. The guy basically destroyed all but 1 LHW contenders.It is up to the UFC to find him new contenders. Why don't you let us know which of Jones' victims are you a butthurt fan of ?

I remember a lot post saying Glover would crush Jones now everyone is back tracking.

hes a new challenger for jones. the only other top guys jones hasnt fought are lil nog and davis.

Back