I know I'm late here, but Holloway vs Oliveira 2 makes no sense to me

Nah. Olivieira suffering a eso****us tear is an NC. Holloway did nothing to win that fight. Sorry.

He didnt need to. An injury occurred as a result of a legal maneuver which was severe enough to stop the fight. It's a TKO.

http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations#17

Knockout by:
i)when Referee stops the contest (TKO)
ii)when an injury as a result of a legal maneuver is sever enough to terminate a bout (TKO)
iii)when contestant being rendered unconscious due strikes or kicks (KO)

Don't really think a rematch is warranted, if it does happen though, I pick the same outcome as I thought would happen the first time, Holloway by TKO (legit TKO, not injury).

That's because it takes more discipline and skill to consistently outstrike opponents. You said it yourself. Even unskilled guys can potentially pose a threat.

So we agree that there is such thing as a Hail Mary Punch or Lucky Punch,
and no such thing as a Hail Mary Sub.

Lol did I read right? Holloway was tooling him? Based on 90 seconds of fighting? Lol

If the fight made sense to begin with, then a rematch makes sense. The fight was too short to draw any conclusions. I thought Holloway would win and I think Holloway will win in a rematch, but I would never count Aloe Vera out. The fight has "fight of the night" written all over it so I would be happy for them to rematch if Oliveira heals up fairly quickly. If not, I'd rather see Holloway fight another top 10 guy instead of being put on hold. It sounds kind of stupid saying there is no point in rematching based on the 1-2 minutes the fight lasted, a bit like you've never watched an MMA fight before.

This fight most definitely needs a rematch. People want to see it, and how it ended left a lot to be desired.

Back