I know Glover is doing good so far but I have a bad feeling he is going to sleep soon!

Yeah, and if your mom had a dick she'd be your dad. Glover had the better skillset tonight, that was pretty much it. Santos had a puncher's chance, a very good puncher's chance, but still just a puncher's chance.
I disagree, the was far bigger than a puncher’s chance. Thiago accepted glover’s offense and offered no resistance on top of showing terrible fight IQ when he had his own shot.

If you see this outcome being a result of glover’s superior skill set that’s fine but I saw something else. Thiago let this happen in more than one way

I disagree, the advantage was far bigger than a puncher’s chance. Thiago accepted glover’s offense and offered no resistance on top of showing terrible fight IQ when he had his own shot.

If you see this outcome being a result of glover’s superior skill set that’s fine but I saw something else.

I mean, you could say "poor fight IQ" cost a lot of fighter's a fight. Poor fight IQ lost Boser that horrible fight tonight. At the end of the day, fight IQ is a skill, and Glover's skills were clearly greater than santos. He treated him like a child on the mat, got a 10-8 round, and finished him. What you're talking about is an alternate world where santos shows great fight IQ. The guy got submitted by eric spicely for crying out loud. His fight IQ, especially when it comes to grappling, isn't at the level that you're suggesting.

I mean, you could say "poor fight IQ" cost a lot of fighter's a fight. Poor fight IQ lost Boser that horrible fight tonight. At the end of the day, fight IQ is a skill, and Glover's skills were clearly greater than santos. He treated him like a child on the mat, got a 10-8 round, and finished him. What you're talking about doing is an alternate world where santos shows great fight IQ. The guy got submitted by eric spicely for crying out loud.
What I’m saying is thiago had every tool and every chance to win this fight despite being outmatcheD on the ground

he did absolutely nothing off his back and was shockingly useless after hurting Glover.

I’m less impressed with Glover than I am disappointed in Santos.

What I’m saying is thiago had every tool and every chance to win this fight despite being outmatcheD on the ground

he did absolutely nothing off his back and was shockingly useless after hurting Glover.

Sure he did—at that level, all guys have the tools to beat each other, if implemented well. The difference between fighters at that level is how they implement their tools, and Glover schooled him and implemented his game better. Saying Glover had no business winning is a big stretch, but I'm fine disagreeing with you on this one

Lil bit of both id say. Santos was coming back from blowing out both his knees so not a total shock

@fortheo @Final Say ...remember this guy just game back from one of the most serious knee injuries I’ve ever seen in any sport. Her tore 3 major ligaments. It shouldn’t be a surprise that there’s certain things we’ve learned to expect of him that he’s just not doing. In all reality if he wasn’t making the most money he’s ever gotten he probably would have just retired, but he’s finally getting paid so he’s probably trying to make the most of it.

They generally have pbp threads for musings such as these.

@fortheo @Final Say ...remember this guy just game back from one of the most serious knee injuries I’ve ever seen in any sport. Her tore 3 major ligaments. It shouldn’t be a surprise that there’s certain things we’ve learned to expect of him that he’s just not doing. In all reality if he wasn’t making the most money he’s ever gotten he probably would have just retired, but he’s finally getting paid so he’s probably trying to make the most of it.

The thing is, I've learned to expect a poor ground game from santos—the guy got submitted by spicely and others and also controlled by moose, too. I think it was just a case of styles make fights and Glover was able to survive Santo's best shots and take the fight to where he excels. Even Santos before blown knees would be shit off his back with Glover on him.

The thing is, I've learned to expect a poor ground game from santos—the guy got submitted by spicely and others and also controlled by moose, too. I think it was just a case of styles make fights and Glover was able to survive Santo's best shots and take the fight to where he excels. Even Santos before blown knees would be shit off his back with Glover on him.
I see. Very interesting. So both smith and santos are extremely weak off their back. Seems to be a pattern at lhw lately

Glover showed great recuperative powers in this fight. In the past when he's caught like that he hasn't recovered.
His only stoppage losses in the UFC are to Gus and Rumble. Most people don’t recover from Rumble and Gus was due to taking a lot of damage over 5 rounds. I think he’s been pretty durable for a long time.

Back