I know everyone hates these questions but i'm asking anyway.

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
Ok I trained bjj 3x a week for 6months then switched focus to judo.
I currently train judo 4xa week plus roll at a bjj open mat.and take a casual bjj class most weeks.have been doing this for 15mnths am a blue belt in judo with a solid ground game(for a judoka).
I'm considering moving city for a short time for work and if I did would be training bjj full time.
With my previour training would it be likely that I could get my blue in bjj within 3-4mnths training 12-15hrs a week

You're going to move to another city for work and then train BJJ full time? I don't understand.

3-4 months is not likely. It will probably be more like 6-8 if you're good. Most instructors just will not give out a belt that fast no matter how good you are. They need time to get to know you first.

Go to one of Lloyd Irvin's schools. Vera's trainer. He seems to hand out belts like candy. Won't be worth as much, but they'll give it to ya.

Go to one of Lloyd Irvin's schools. Vera's trainer. He seems to hand out belts like candy. Won't be worth as much, but they'll give it to ya.

Please list the lloyd irvin students that got a belt which didn't mean shit that you've beaten in competition.

2-Hand-with-goose-egg.jpg

With my previour training would it be likely that I could get my blue in bjj within 3-4mnths training 12-15hrs a week

It depends on the instructors.

Most of them have grading twice a year.

Some others just give it anytime and anywhere.

Even if you have the level of blue belts, some instructors will not give you a blue belt just for the simple reason that you have not train under them long enough.

Some other instructors would just hand them out to random strangers i.e seminars etc...

Belts are more than just your ability.

They are also a symbol of loyalty. Some instructors honor this more than others.

Are you aware that TS does not live in the US?

Ok I trained bjj 3x a week for 6months then switched focus to judo.
I currently train judo 4xa week plus roll at a bjj open mat.and take a casual bjj class most weeks.have been doing this for 15mnths am a blue belt in judo with a solid ground game(for a judoka).
I'm considering moving city for a short time for work and if I did would be training bjj full time.

Who gives a shit? Just train to get better not to get a belt.

Most instructors wouldnt promote anyone to blue for usually at least a year...6 months in exceptional circumstances. I think earliest ive ever heard of directly 3 months but you gotta be like tapping purples on the regular for that happen.

Stop belt hording and just train.

If you really want a belt in something in three months, go take TKD. Sheesh.

I'm guessing yes, probably. Taking your previous experience into consideration you might make it if you train enough times per week. But I don't know you nor have seen you roll so who knows? Plus I don't know the criteria at the new BJJ gym.

Stop belt hording and just train.

If you really want a belt in something in three months, go take TKD. Sheesh.

^this. The only time I cared about my belt was when I was White and I needed three stripes to get into Advanced classes. Now that I'm there I don't care what belt I have I just want to get better.

If you have a blue belt and don't deserve it "ie. just training to get the belt"...then it won't mean shit to you or any of the people you train with because you'll all know you suck.

Why don't you train with nocturno? You can get up to three stripes on your white from him!

Back