I just watched the RR AN fight

Shes smart enough to decide what type of training is best for her. There are videos of her sparring with pro boxers.

Its not just her stand up game that is lacking fundamentals, its everything else too. She doesn't shoot for doubles or singles, she thinks its 2008 where she can just clinch and launch girls into air. She is stuck in her ways. I think you're confusing what type of fighter she actually is, to what type of fighter she could have been.

If we're on the subject of potential, then yea theoretically anyone has the ability to become a champion. In my honest opinion, I think she lacks both the physical attributes and skills to be a great fighter.

I agree that she seems stuck in her ways but shouldnt that be the moment where a coach opens her eyes and tells her how to improve to stay competitive? Thats my whole point. They should have told her that she cant win a standup fight like that or work hard to improve. But it seems her whole team just tells her how great she is.

As for her attributes, I think she has some mental issues that probably arent helpful as an fighter but she managed to reach the highest level in judo so I think she has the potential to become good in other disciplines too. But yeah she is an adult and chose to stay at this camp so its on her. Still it makes me wonder how she would have done in her career with a possible better team.

Honestly, I don't think we learned much from this fight other than RR's camp and coaches are shit. She got clipped less than 20 seconds into the fight and simply never recovered.

That was the fight. The only chance she had in this fight was a submission victory. Here coaches are just awful or she doesn't listen. Watching Honda try to strike is almost as bad as watching Brock Lesnar try to strike. She need to just stick with her bread and butter. It's one dimensional, but she would probably still be the champ if she just stuck with her Judo.
Brock Lesnar at least landed some good punches on Mark Hunt in the stand-up portion of the fight. Did Ronda even land?

Honestly, I don't think we learned much from this fight other than RR's camp and coaches are shit. She got clipped less than 20 seconds into the fight and simply never recovered.

That was the fight. The only chance she had in this fight was a submission victory. Here coaches are just awful or she doesn't listen. Watching Honda try to strike is almost as bad as watching Brock Lesnar try to strike. She need to just stick with her bread and butter. It's one dimensional, but she would probably still be the champ if she just stuck with her Judo.

Common man... everybody could see she panicked when she got hit about the first time.... think she got flash-backs to the holm fight the second she got hit... she just froze.. couldn't do anything...

This wasn't the Ronda she used to be...

Also it's a stupid comment when saying she strikes like brock... watch her past fights... she can strike... she just froze... she's a human being... just like for example when you have your driving-license-exams... every time everything goes right, but at the exam you get nervous or panic and you don't make it...

I really hope she does another fight...

She has extremely poor fight IQ. She only knows how to move forward and try to force a technique. It works against less experienced or gun shy opponents but it's proven catastrophic against Holm and Nunes that both are not afraid and can counter.

It's very remenicent of old school Tank abbot and Scott Ferozzo (spelling) in the early UFC. Overwhelm your opponent with brute force. But then they both got Vitored.

I think TS you nailed it. Either she is being coached bad or she does not want to listen. Might be a combo of a bit of both.

You have to at least be competent enough to simply survive on the feet until you can properly engage the grappling. Brock could do this, even against guys like Hunt. Ronda's boxing fundamentals and mental state are so bad she can't even do that.

We learned she was an overrated cash cow the benefited from a new/talentless division. Nunes starched her in arguably the most pathetic showing from a challenger in UFC history

Exactly. You can make excuses for this and that, her coaches, blah blah blah, game plan, blah blah, OK, but no matter waht, you're still supposed to be a great legendary fighter, right? What legend gets that many excuses? What legend loses like THAT, TWICE in a row???

You have to at least be competent enough to simply survive on the feet until you can properly engage the grappling. Brock could do this, even against guys like Hunt. Ronda's boxing fundamentals and mental state are so bad she can't even do that.

Bingo. This. There's absolutely no excuse for being THAT garbage at the most basic stand up skills. You can't blame Edmond for her being an absolute stiff punching bag.

And even if you do, for such a great fighter, where's her fight IQ, and where's HERE, self awareness on what to improve? You really think she doesn't watch any tape on HERSELF? Like she has to be coddled like a 12 year old, and she can't take the initiative to watch herself, and recognize the areas she needs to improve? Really? A long reigning champ can't do that?

Yeah, so stop with the BS excuses, ya white knights.

we learned she is a can crusher, overhyped, terrible fighter that made a name beating moms!

We learned she was an overrated cash cow the benefited from a new/talentless division. Nunes starched her in arguably the most pathetic showing from a challenger in UFC history
Cash cow yes but Ronda is the best grappler ever in womens MMA. This was a typical grappler vs striker fight and the fighter won

Cash cow yes but Ronda is the best grappler ever in womens MMA. This was a typical grappler vs striker fight and the fighter won

Fun fact: Ronda's downfall occurred less than 4 months after USADA testing started

Back