i just watched "mike fowler - hafa adai"

good grips

White Belt
Reaction score
its bad ass!!

its partially a documentary which was not bad, but the second part is an instructional and although i havent seen the whole thing yet i loved what i saw,,definitely a breath of fresh air(for me anyways dont know how old it is)

he shows a couple of cool open guard passes, brabo chokes n sweeps from butterfly,,

damn i really feel like training right now!:icon_cry2

anyway just thought i'd tell my fellow bjj lovers about it,,see it if u guys can get a hold of it

i think you can get it off budovids. anything with mike fowler is good. it is not a lloyd dvd.

its not 6 part dvd set or anything, its just about one hour long where he pretty much breaks down a couple of hes favourite techniques..pure gold:cool::)

i wish there was a little more on the life and lifestyle in guam, because it looks beautiful! I love the music in that dvd though. Made me start listening to jah roots.

i wish there was a little more on the life and lifestyle in guam, because it looks beautiful! I love the music in that dvd though. Made me start listening to jah roots.

exactly man, the whole part before the techniques was just so laid back i could watch it for hours.

and the tehnical aspect was pretty cool too. really great dvd.

Am I the only person that realizes that this movie has been out for 3+ years now?

At any rate, it's a video that refer back to often....

So that's where the Jah Roots comes from.

I remember one random Saturday when Tony wasn't around. Tareq asked me if I cared if he put on some music, and I was like of course that's fine. He suggested some Jah Roots and put it on the speakers.

I guess Adam showed up a little later with his son, and one of those weed advocacy songs came on. We just looked at each other, looked at his kid, looked back at each other, and then Tareq says "...I'll just put on some Jack Johnson or something."

I think the funniest part to me was that Jack Johnson was considered to be the polar opposite of Jah Roots.

So that's where the Jah Roots comes from.

I remember one random Saturday when Tony wasn't around. Tareq asked me if I cared if he put on some music, and I was like of course that's fine. He suggested some Jah Roots and put it on the speakers.

I guess Adam showed up a little later with his son, and one of those weed advocacy songs came on. We just looked at each other, looked at his kid, looked back at each other, and then Tareq says "...I'll just put on some Jack Johnson or something."

I think the funniest part to me was that Jack Johnson was considered to be the polar opposite of Jah Roots.

play some skynard

if anyone had the money, id recommend fowlers game plan seminar dvd. it shows some of the moves on the dvd but more and is more competition oriented.

Back