I just watched Khabib vs MJ now

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I never bought into the Khabib hype and thought he was a GSP level blanket. That was by far the most ruthless beating I've ever seen put on somebody. Khabib kept pulling MJ's wrist out from underneath him, kept the 1 on 1...and basically made MJ defend with one arm while delivering some heavy punches.

I'm officially on board, I've watched plenty of Fergusons fights...and he's not much of a takedown artist...but he's tough off his back. But I also thought he lost to Castillo 2-1.

I'm sold, I think there isn't a soul at 155lbs that could beat him. His striking aint shit, but one takedown against Conor...and I don't know. MJ is a former national champ wrestler with amazing TDD, Conor's been taken down by Siver and Diaz.

Hard for me to bet against Conor with that striking though. I think that fight will be extremely bloody with Khabib having a busted face, but winning rounds by taking down Conor and beating him up. It'll be a fun back and forth fight I believe.

Thats funny ts because I never bought into the Khabib hype and thought he was a GSP level blanket. That was by far the most ruthless beating I've ever seen put on somebody. Khabib kept pulling MJ's wrist out from underneath him, kept the 1 on 1...and basically made MJ defend with one arm while delivering some heavy punches.

I'm officially on board, I've watched plenty of Fergusons fights...and he's not much of a takedown artist...but he's tough off his back. But I also thought he lost to Castillo 2-1.

I'm sold, I think there isn't a soul at 155lbs that could beat him. His striking aint shit, but one takedown against Conor...and I don't know. MJ is a former national champ wrestler with amazing TDD, Conor's been taken down by Siver and Diaz.

Hard for me to bet against Conor with that striking though. I think that fight will be extremely bloody with Khabib having a busted face, but winning rounds by taking down Conor and beating him up. It'll be a fun back and forth fight I believe.

Thats funny ts because I never bought into the Khabib hype and thought he was a GSP level blanket. That was by far the most ruthless beating I've ever seen put on somebody. Khabib kept pulling MJ's wrist out from underneath him, kept the 1 on 1...and basically made MJ defend with one arm while delivering some heavy punches.

miscer spotted

Khabib seems to be much more aggressive since his return, before his layoff he was pretty content with just taking guys down and even letting them back up so he could take them down again but now he's really putting beatings on his opponents.

He still looks lost when the fight is standing though.

LOL...there are better ways to get your post count up, TS. Might be the most pointless thread of the year...there have been HUNDREDS of the exact same thread sans the "I just discovered" bullshit. Yes, him and Conor is a very interesting fight, and he probably deserves the title shot more than anyone. Khabib v Conor, Tony vs winner. I hope the world ends before any of it.

Copies and pastes own thread into second account...

Funny stuff

Wat

Khabib is good but Rogan really overrated Johnson to make Khabib look better

You forget Connor has world class takedowns...In the first Diaz fight when he wanted it on the ground he steamrolled Diaz right to the ground! Then in the 2nd Diaz fight he wanted to see if Diaz really could run 5ks and made Diaz run all night!

Conor - Khabib is the fight to make for the style match up and hype.

T-ferg auto-fights the winner because of his activity and for beating so many tops guys in a row.

Khabib seems to be much more aggressive since his return, before his layoff he was pretty content with just taking guys down and even letting them back up so he could take them down again but now he's really putting beatings on his opponents.

He still looks lost when the fight is standing though.
same here , he was a little boring and was not trying to beat them on the ground. if you rewatch the Abel fight, there are plenty of moments where he was able to punch Abel,I dont know why he did not but he just didnt punch. even the ref. was saying lot of times ''work''
guess he did learn from his previous fights and MJ was the unlucky guy this time.

Khabibs striking sucks but people forget that his best weapon is not only grapling, he just didnt get hit.
MJ is a great striker , he was able to catch him good but it was not that good how Rogan tried to explain during the fight.
guess people will try to avoid the new version of Khabib , I mean agressive on the ground

Everybody knows that fight was gimmie fight for khabib. Michael johnson has nothing off his back. Johnson rocked him standing too if i remember.

I didnt have to rewatch that fight to know Khabib sucks at striking and MUST get the TD to win.

Then I guess he asks you to give up while talking shit.

All of a sudden nobody wants to fight anybody not named Conor.

Nate complex.

I didnt have to rewatch that fight to know Khabib sucks at striking and MUST get the TD to win.

Then I guess he asks you to give up while talking shit.

All of a sudden nobody wants to fight anybody not named Conor.

Nate complex.
He didn't want to fight connor he wanted to fight Eddie and said connor didn't deserve the shot, nows he's asking for ferguson

Mj smoked khabib on the feet in the 1st round, Almost knocking him out. Imagine what Conor would do to him.

Everybody knows that fight was gimmie fight for khabib. Michael johnson has nothing off his back. Johnson rocked him standing too if i remember.
MJ has nothing off his back? What's fights are you basing that assumption on?

Back