I just watched Frank Shamrock vs Allan Goes...

thelittleman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How did Allan not win that fight??? It looked like he submitted Frank with a RNC. But the ref stopped the fight, gave Allan a yellow card, and then stood them both back up. WTF???

Can someone explain to me why that happened? And why Allan didn't win otherwise?

I tried to rewatch the fight because its been a long time but my internet shit out. He most likely used a rope escape

• Five "escapes" are given to each fighter at the start of every match. An escape can be used when caught in a submission near the ropes, in which case the participant can grab them, be stood back on the feet and have one point deducted. Once a participant has used all of his escapes, it is a loss.
I'll finish watching it tomorrow and see if that's what happened.

How did Allan not win that fight??? It looked like he submitted Frank with a RNC. But the ref stopped the fight, gave Allan a yellow card, and then stood them both back up. WTF???

Can someone explain to me why that happened? And why Allan didn't win otherwise?
GOAT fight.

Was a rope escape.
Yellow card coz Goes secured the choke too long...

BTW, Goes was paid 800 USD, injured his foot, asked them to help him pay the bill, they refused.
Finally, Goes had to pay some 8,000 USD...

Last edited:
The score was 1-1. Goes from the RNC, Frank from the leg-lock. So its a draw.

If you can't rope-escape then the submission is definitive and ends the match.

• Five "escapes" are given to each fighter at the start of every match. An escape can be used when caught in a submission near the ropes, in which case the participant can grab them, be stood back on the feet and have one point deducted. Once a participant has used all of his escapes, it is a loss.
Worth noting -- you can also lose points from strikes, whenever the ref has to interfer. (As in boxing, whenever the ref steps in -- like say from a knockdown -- you lose a point)

Five "escapes" are given to each fighter at the start of every match. An escape can be used when caught in a submission near the ropes, in which case the participant can grab them, be stood back on the feet and have one point deducted. Once a participant has used all of his escapes, it is a loss.

what in fuck? pancrase had some ghey ass rules, but that has to be the stupidest one. well, aside from the palm strikes. does it still have all those retarded rules?

what in fuck? pancrase had some ghey ass rules, but that has to be the stupidest one. well, aside from the palm strikes. does it still have all those retarded rules?

They adopted the unified rules. Standard MMA rules nowadays.

Helax... They wanted to promote a new transition in NHB history...make the dudes work on their ground game and submission arsenal.

Back