Opinion I just watched American Factory on Netflix, The Chinese are the perfect villain to Union hero's

Control the rate of change? you mean stop technological progression because you feel threatened by it?

Sorry bro, but that's ought to be one of the most retarded positions ever.

Lol man. You have no response to the idea that if you just let technology destroy labor unchecked, you will crash the whole system.

You live in this fantasy where we put a billion workers out of work over the next 30 years, and everyone learns to code, and somehow we magically create a billion coding jobs.

That is insanity man.

You need a straw man to even debate me on this, where you pretend wanting a working system before we jump off the cliff is being a Luddite.

When you want to engage in the real debate, let me know, and we can talk about your plan to keep WWIII from happening when technology disrupts the world order, as it did during the industrial revolution, and gave us WWI, and WWII.

Last edited:
Lol man. You have no response to the idea that if you just let technology destroy labor unchecked, you will crash the whole system.

In 1900 agriculture represented 50% of American labor force by 1970 it was 13% in 2016 it was 2.8%. Did that crashed the whole system?

You live in this fantasy where we put a billion workers out of work over the next 30 years, and everyone learns to code, and somehow we magically create a billion coding jobs.

No need, if we really reach a point where only coders are running the world we would be looking at a post-labor society, and either Skynet takes over the world or we simply as society move forward and start giving things out like universal basic income.

That is insanity man.

You need a straw man to even to debate me on this, where you pretend wanting a working system before we jump off the cliff is being a Luddite.

You are literally saying that Unions should fight against technological advancements, thats the textbook definition of Luddism.

When you want to engage in the real debate, let me know, and we can talk about your plan to keep WWIII from happening when technology disrupts the world order, as it did during the industrial revolution, and gave us WWI, and WWII.

The world was permanently at war before WWI and WWII the only different was that we got so much better at it than before, mechanized divisions, trains and the such meant that armies could move faster and do more damage and kill more efficiently.

If wars stopped being a thing is because of nukes, and nothing would change that (except Skynet).

Control the rate of change? you mean stop technological progression because you feel threatened by it?

Sorry bro, but that's ought to be one of the most retarded positions ever.

Your position is well reasoned, @VivaRevolution is just having another meltdown because everyone isn't just agreeing with him.

I've noticed if he gets any push back on an idea that he thinks should be more widespread, he will immediately lash out at anybody that gives him any push back.

It's a very imature and hysterical response considering this is coming from a man in his late 30's.

In 1900 agriculture represented 50% of American labor force by 1970 it was 13% in 2016 it was 2.8%. Did that crashed the whole system?

Yes, it did. It created both WWI, and WWII.

We had massive unrest all across the world.

No need, if we really reach a point where only coders are running the world we would be looking at a post-labor society, and either Skynet takes over the world or we simply as society move forward and start giving things out like universal basic income.

I'm all for that, which is why I don't like being called a Luddite.

But after getting fucked on global trade, you are going to have a hard time convincing me that we should trust that we will compensated after the fact.

Still waiting on all those tech jobs that were going to replace our manufacturing jobs.

You are literally saying that Unions should fight against technological advancements, thats the textbook definition of Luddism.

I'm saying that we should negotiate in our interests, aka the wage earners. And capital holders can negotiate in their interests.

I know that until you show me a viable and working UBI system, that you aren't promising me a post labor-society. You are promising me hopes and dreams, and I don't believe you.

The world was permanently at war before WWI and WWII the only different was that we got so much better at it than before, mechanized divisions, trains and the such meant that armies could move faster and do more damage and kill more efficiently.

You mean all the new technology the industrial revolution created was used in war, and it made it much worse.

Yeah, I'm aware. I'm also aware that WWIV will likely be fought with sticks and stones.

If wars stopped being a thing is because of nukes, and nothing would change that (except Skynet).

Show me a war between nuclear powers, and I will show you a mushroom cloud.

Just because two nuclear powers haven't went to war yet, doesn't mean they won't.

Your position is well reasoned, @VivaRevolution is just having another meltdown because everyone isn't just agreeing with him.

I've noticed if he gets any push back on an idea that he thinks should be more widespread, he will immediately lash out at anybody that gives him any push back.

It's a very imature and hysterical response considering this is coming from a man in his late 30's.

I think you have been playing the delicate snowflake role a little too much with me lately.

Toughen up buttercup.

I think your a pussy.

Fucking female in here.

Now stop with the personal attacks before I make you cry little girl.

Pointing out your own positions isn't a personal attack. It may seem that way to you because your own positions make you look so bad.

For example, here's a doozy:

If they hired the CIA to assassinate Kavanaugh, I would support it.

And you wonder why we call you unstable?

Now go ahead and try and dismiss this with a Sherdog .gif because you know this makes you look bad. I'll take that as you acknowledging I'm right, but you just don't want to openly admit that.

The more your personal desires aren't manifest in politics, the more detached you become.

Seek help before you unintentionally harm someone you care about.

Pointing out your own positions isn't a personal attack. It may seem that way to you because your own positions make you look so bad.

For example, here's a doozy:

And you wonder why we call you unstable?

Now go ahead and try and dismiss this with a Sherdog .gif because you know this makes you look bad. I'll take that as you acknowledging I'm right, but you just don't want to openly admit that.

The more your personal desires aren't manifest in politics, the more detached you become.

Seek help before you unintentionally harm someone you care about.

It makes you look like a whining sniveling weak wristed woke warrior snowflake.

Do my words offend you?

Good.

It makes you look like a whining sniveling weak wristed woke warrior snowflake.

Do my words offend you?

Good.

Seek help before your detachment from reality causes you to unintentionally harm someone you care about.

I'm not kidding. I'm 100% serious.

If you have no one in your life willing to listen, PM me any time.

Seek help before your detachment from reality causes you to unintentionally harm someone you care about.

I'm not kidding. I'm 100% serious.

If you have no one in your life willing to listen, PM me any time.

Yes, keep talking about your feelings.

That will convince people you arent actually FarmerJane

We need to have another French Revolution and the rich elite class are aware it will come one day.

Go to the 8 minute mark

Or we can all be government controlled cucks bound to a police state like the workers are in China and India.

Yes, it did. It created both WWI, and WWII.

We had massive unrest all across the world.

There has been unrest across the world since forever, people just simply got better at killing each other.

I'm saying that we should negotiate in our interests, aka the wage earners. And capital holders can negotiate in their interests.

Yeah, its a fair position to have but good luck with that, as someone else pointed that will simply mean that the company will be less competitive against the one that actually uses modern technology to get shit done.

I know that until you show me a viable and working UBI system, that you aren't promising me a post labor-society. You are promising me hopes and dreams, and I don't believe you.

Again, im not the one saying that labor will be obsolte, thats you.

Just because two nuclear powers haven't went to war yet, doesn't mean they won't.

If they do, it wont be over automation.

There has been unrest across the world since forever, people just simply got better at killing each other.

Sure, but the industrial revolution, and thus the destruction of the agriculture economy, made things far worse.

The military was being deployed all over this country to quell revolts. That wasn't normal even back then.

Yeah, its a fair position to have but good luck with that, as someone else pointed that will simply mean that the company will be less competitive against the one that actually uses modern technology to get shit done.

You could make this same argument about the environment, or fraud.

And you are partially right.

But any sane person should be able to see that accepting rampant fraud, environmental destruction, or the un-managed destruction of the labor market as we know it, is basically a plan for suicide.

Again, im not the one saying that labor will be obsolte, thats you.

Not obsolete. Disrupted to the point of social and economic collapse, or boiling over to WWIII before we even get to that point.

If they do, it wont be over automation.

No, it will be like WWI, and WWII where old powers fall, and new powers rise, and the old powers don't go willingly into that good night.

Unions can literally negotiate that robots don't get brought in.

They could negotiate that other work that has been outsourced is brought in house to replace the jobs that are lost to automation.

They can negotiate that you receive re-training, if your job is lost to automation.

Unions are the only god damn thing that can save you from what is coming.
None of that will matter when the US becomes an inhospitable climate for industry.

Glad I didn't mention this is that Obama backed documentary that won the Academy Award, where the creators quoted Marx in their acceptance speech.
Obama never said I'd be shooting up churches in a few years.

None of that will matter when the US becomes an inhospitable climate for industry.

We are the world economy. The US economy is the Juggernaut of the world. It's dick flops out and crushes Bezos, and the banksters. It is a giant that makes billionaires wake up screaming when they even dream that they were cutoff from it.

They need us, we don't need them.

Back