I just watched all of Nick Diaz's Losses and I came to the conclusion that...

It's apparently the time of the day for another Diaz thread. A few a day lately. This will keep up until March. Then it will switch to. Ok this GSP fight was a realy loss.

We don't need expert analysis of the Diaz/Condit fight here, considering the fight's been argued, relitigated, and retreaded nearly non-stop for 11 months and counting.

Diaz robbed KJ in the 2nd fight, but no one ever talks about that. Diaz got beat on by a fat LW.

He didn't rob him LOL. I just want to see how everyone's gonna react. I did score the fight for KJ though.

I know this guy is trolling, but anyway..

diaznoons.gif

I wouldn't call any a robbery but the Joe Riggs fight was easily the closest. It wouldn't have been a robbery if either had won.

I came for Nick Diaz arguing, but stayed for the beautiful texts

I don't think the major issue with Diaz (and many fans) is that he was robbed according to the current scoring system. I think they major issues Diaz always had (and still has) is that the scoring system is flawed. So in his (and many fans') mind he is winning the fight b/c he isn't getting hurt and he's trying to finish from every position. Therefore he feels he was robbed.

Thought he won the Sherk and Riggs fights but who cares now honestly.

I don't think the major issue with Diaz (and many fans) is that he was robbed according to the current scoring system. I think they major issues Diaz always had (and still has) is that the scoring system is flawed. So in his (and many fans') mind he is winning the fight b/c he isn't getting hurt and he's trying to finish from every position. Therefore he feels he was robbed.

Diaz did nothing to win the Sherk and Sanchez fights. No reasonable scoring system could be constructed for him to win either. And Riggs was just as aggressive and trying to finish the fight as diaz so it will always be close.

KJ Noons broke his hand and his jaw when he fought Diaz, he only won the second round clearly.
No robbery here,

I don't care about his past fights we are moving forward!

Diaz WW champ March 2013!

Diaz did nothing to win the Sherk and Sanchez fights. No reasonable scoring system could be constructed for him to win either. And Riggs was just as aggressive and trying to finish the fight as diaz so it will always be close.

I agree. On my scorecard Nick lost every round against both Sherk and Sanchez. I am a bit surprised anyone would say Diaz won the Sherk fight.

What I don't get is that if you watch a highlight of Diaz vs Sanchez (or just the entire fight)
You can see that Sanchez didn't do anything, he was constantly defending and Diaz reversed him multiple times and dropped Sanchez in the third round.
He didn't even control Diaz on the ground.

What I don't get is that if you watch a highlight of Diaz vs Sanchez (or just the entire fight)
You can see that Sanchez didn't do anything, he was constantly defending and Diaz reversed him multiple times and dropped Sanchez in the third round.

Or you could watch the entire fight and see that Sanchez was standing above diaz throwing some hard gnp for 90 percent of the fight.

Bro, if that is the case, then the highlight was done by a Nick Diaz fan. I can ensure you Sanchez was on top the whole 3 rounds, taking him down with ease every time and beating him up, even though Diaz pulled off some sick, awesome BJJ defensive moves on the ground. But Sanchez was the effective aggressor the whole fight and there is not a single round you can give to Diaz.

Lol he does think he's robbed quite a bit. I thought he lost the Condit fight and I'm a big Diaz fan. Condit beat him with volume of shots.

Or you could watch the entire fight and see that Sanchez was standing above diaz throwing some hard gnp for 90 percent of the fight.

Go watch that fight again, Diego didn't land anything clean, even Goldberg was talking about that Diego might break his hand if he continues to punch the matt.

...only the Joe Riggs fight was a "robbery".

Here are Diaz's losses and how I scored them:

Diaz vs Jeremy Jackson (2002): KO loss. Definitely NOT a premature stoppage, if anything it was a very late stoppage. The ref was probably waiting for Diaz to go unconscious. Even when Jackson was announced as a winner, Diaz didn't know what had happened and he asked the ref what is going on here.

Diaz vs Kuniyoshi Hironaka (2002): In the first round and the first half of the 2nd round Diaz was dominated and constantly get pounded on by Hironaka. But in the 2nd half of round 2, Diaz did well, and the 3rd round was also close. But overall I felt you would have to give Hironaka 2 rounds, so NOT A ROBBERY in my opinion. I can see somehow scoring this fight a draw though.

Diaz vs Karo Parisyan (2004): Parisyan won rounds 1 and 3, Diaz won round 2. Parisyan looked gassed out in the 2nd round, but found his 2nd wind and won round 3 - so I had Parisyan winning 2 rounds to 1. NOT a robbery

Diaz vs Diego Sanchez (2005): unbelievable fight and Sanchez won all 3 rounds. Even though Diaz was defending well on the ground, he was always getting taken down and Sanchez was pounding on him. Great fight but not close - clear Sanchez win. So NOT A ROBBERY

Diaz vs Joe Riggs (2006): I saw this fight about a year ago and I felt Diaz won the fight. I don't remember how I scored it, but I do remember that I had the feeling that Riggs did definitely not win this fight. So I say this was a "robbery".

Diaz vs Sean Sherk (2006): Sherk is a short guy with a lot of strength, throws sharp combinations and Diaz couldn't find an answer for it. Diaz' takedown defense worked well at times, sometimes though it didn't work and he got taken down. Overall I gave all 3 rounds to Sherk, rounds 2 and 3 were closer than the first. But in my opinion there is no way Diaz won this fight.So NOT A ROBBERY

Diaz vs KJ Noons I (2007): KJ Noons wins the first round and Diaz has two bad cuts in the face and the doctor stops the fight before round 2. Nothing wrong with the stoppage.

Does anybody disagree with me? Cause sometimes I read here on sherdog that Diaz got robbed quite a few times. That is why I wanted to find out for myself.

All Diaz losses were close I can't remember all of them though. I do remember thinking if all of them were 5 rounds he'd beat Hironaka, Karo, and Sherk.

I think the term robbery is a bit over used these days, I think there should be "controversial", as in it could have gone either way, and then "robbery". For example, Roy Jones getting robbed in 1988. That was blatant robbery. I dont know...thats just me.

Back