I just watched a video where Tito says UFC is trying to erase him. Is this True?

1. He is still in the HOF. I literally just looked. Still there.

2. He is still in the UFC official records over at Fight Metric.

3. He wasnt left off or removed from the LHW wins list. Wins at the old LW (199 limit with no minimum) and old MW (171 minimum to 199 limit) werent included. The current weight classes were first implemented at UFC 31. Tito's first win under the modern LHW division was at UFC 32. The reason he didnt appear on the list is because he only has 9 wins in the modern LHW division.

4. I cant comment on the top 100 fights because I havent watched the newest one and dont remember what fights were on it previously. Can somebody tell me where Titos wins were ranked before?

Not saying the UFC doesnt have an agenda that has tageted/neglected former fighters. But when people are complaining about the first 3 things I listed, they are flat out wrong.
There was like a week in which he was removed so it seems someone just wanted to get under his skin

they recently had a list on the last UFC with the longest winning streaks of 205lbers......... Tito should of been at the top, but he wasn't even on the list.

Same thing they did to Frank Shamrock, the powerful write the history books, and Dana is the powerful writer at the moment.

DO people even read threads they post in? Neither of these things is true. Could have just looked at the posts right above yours.

There was like a week in which he was removed so it seems someone just wanted to get under his skin

No they didn't. It was the site malfunctioning if you use certain internet browsers. People today still claim they don't see him but sometimes a column that has Griffin, Bonnar, and Tito won't load. That's all.

Tito has always been a whiner, nothing new here. Apparently the world is out to get him and nothing is his fault.

But the minimum was 15 pounds less. Not the same shit.

While that's true, none of the guys came in weighing 180lbs or whatever when fighting in the middleweight (lightweight) division back in the day. Not that I remember. Guys like Mezger, Kevin Jackson, etc came in weighing in at the 199lb limit. It's like now, no light heavyweight comes in weighing in at 186lbs.

While that's true, none of the guys came in weighing 180lbs or whatever when fighting in the middleweight (lightweight) division back in the day. Not that I remember. Guys like Mezger, Kevin Jackson, etc came in weighing in at the 199lb limit. It's like now, no light heavyweight comes in weighing in at 186lbs.

Yeah but it's still a completely different weight-class. Blame the Nevada State athletic commission, they're the ones who decided to revamp/create an official set of weight classes. 155 and 170 fit in with the qualifications but 200 was abolished and 185 and 205 took it's place.

And it's not like the UFC is inconsistent, Liddell had his wins at the 200lb weight class removed as well. They only counted his 205-wins on the list.

Yeah but it's still a completely different weight-class. Blame the Nevada State athletic commission, they're the ones who decided to revamp/create an official set of weight classes. 155 and 170 fit in with the qualifications but 200 was abolished and 185 and 205 took it's place.

And it's not like the UFC is inconsistent, Liddell had his wins at the 200lb weight class removed as well. They only counted his 205-wins on the list.

Yeah that's true though it hurt Tito more than Liddell, seeing as it wouldn't count 4 of Tito's wins as LHW victories. Anyways, I think they should count all of Tito's wins as well as Chuck's but hey, that's just my opinion.

I would have to double check, but I think some guys did fight in the 180s.

Not that it matters. Its not like they invented this just for Jones or Tito. The modern weight classes and their history go back to UFC 31. Though the title lineage is usually traced back to the start since the champions didnt change with the realignment. Its not much different than the stats. Official UFC stats only go back to UFC 28 when the Unified Rules were implemented. Nobody accuses them of trying to write Royce out of the record books. Its just like nobody accuses MLB of writing Cy Young out of the books for separating the live ball era stats.

No they didn't. It was the site malfunctioning if you use certain internet browsers. People today still claim they don't see him but sometimes a column that has Griffin, Bonnar, and Tito won't load. That's all.

it suggests he was removed and put back, maybe after the outcry.

It is generally a cache issue when people visit the same site and get differing pictures. If you visited when Tito was taken down, and it did seem that way months ago, then your cache may still be showing that period.

Yeah that's true though it hurt Tito more than Liddell, seeing as it wouldn't count 4 of Tito's wins as LHW victories. Anyways, I think they should count all of Tito's wins as well as Chuck's but hey, that's just my opinion.

Actually it takes 6 wins away from Tito, leaving him with 9 rather than 15. But I still say it hurts Chuck more because if they counted those wins, Chuck would hold the record with 16.

1. He is still in the HOF. I literally just looked. Still there.

2. He is still in the UFC official records over at Fight Metric.

3. He wasnt left off or removed from the LHW wins list. Wins at the old LW (199 limit with no minimum) and old MW (171 minimum to 199 limit) werent included. The current weight classes were first implemented at UFC 31. Tito's first win under the modern LHW division was at UFC 32. The reason he didnt appear on the list is because he only has 9 wins in the modern LHW division.

4. I cant comment on the top 100 fights because I havent watched the newest one and dont remember what fights were on it previously. Can somebody tell me where Titos wins were ranked before?

Not saying the UFC doesnt have an agenda that has tageted/neglected former fighters. But when people are complaining about the first 3 things I listed, they are flat out wrong.

Would you mind screencapping a pic of Tito still in the HOF? When I checked he wasn't there, but neither were Griffin or Bonnar so it could be they haven't updated the site for Macs or something like that.

The rest of your post is illuminating, thanks.

Would you mind screencapping a pic of Tito still in the HOF? When I checked he wasn't there, but neither were Griffin or Bonnar so it could be they haven't updated the site for Macs or something like that.

The rest of your post is illuminating, thanks.

Somebody already did. Look below.

Tito is still in the HOF you idiot. Fix your internet browser and stop getting your panties in a bunch.

VjdCMYw.jpg

Just double checked.

There are two guys who competed at lightweight (200 pounds and under) who fought 190 or below (this division only lasted 2 events):

Nick Sanzo- 190
Wallid Ismail- 182

Below are fighters who competed at middleweight (171 to 199 pounds) who weighed under 195:

Tony Fryklund- 186
Igor Zinoviev- 190 (in a title fight)
Frank Shamrock- as low as 192 and only fought above 195 when he fought Ortiz
Carlos Newton- 187
Dan Henderson- 193
Ebenezer Fontes- 189
Darrel Gholar- 194
Valen Ignatov- 191
Daiju Takase- 176 (against a 198 pound Jeremy Horn)
Flavio Luiz Moura- 175
Keiichiro Yamamiya- 188
Lance Gibson- 194
Jermaine Andre- 185
Ikuhisa Minowa- 179
Yuki Kondo- 191 and 194 when he fought Ortiz for the title
Alex Stiebling- 188
Mark Hughes- 184
Matt Lindland- 192
Yoji Anjo- 189

As you can see, it wasn't like today where everyone cuts so they can weigh in at the absolute limit and then rehydrate and fight above weight. Some did. Others just came in what they weighed and that is how they fought, similar to today's HW division. You have a guy who is barely 190 fighting a guy who cuts to make weight in a title fight. You have guys weighing in the 180s and even 170s.

People want to count Tito's wins as LHW wins. That means you also have to count Horn's win over 176 pound Takase as a LHW fight to. But that isn't even close to fitting in the parameters of today's LHW division. It gets worse Takase also was allowed to compete as a HW and fought a guy who was 204 pounds and he is listed as weighing 170 pounds for that fight. Do we really want to count that as a HW fight? This is why we count the modern wins back to the introduction of the current weight classes. You have consistency and uniformity.

Back