I just watched a video where Tito says UFC is trying to erase him. Is this True?

Because all the names of the weight classes were changed at some point by the Athletic Commission.

And the 200-pound class that Tito was fighting at was abolished completely.

Meanwhile, Jens was fighting at 155 and Lightweight is still 155. If Bantamweight used to 150 than it wouldn't count. Because their wouldn't be such a weight class anymore.

It's pretty simple.

Bantamweight 155 = Lightweight 155

Meanwhile Middleweight 200 was abolished and two weight classes replaced it.

Middleweight 185
Light Heavyweight 205
i see your point but Tito is still correct here that it is wrong they removed him. Liddell also fought in the same 200 lb weight class as Tito and he is listed in that 'most lhw wins' that Tito was removed from. Regardless if the weight class doesn't exist the UFC is still considering Liddells wins in that class to be counted as light heavy.

It's true, they're trying to erase him.

Tito's in the HOF on http://www.ufc.com/fighter/HallOfFame. Just checked. There's some weird shit that goes on with that site... sometimes the third column with Tito, Griffin and Bonnar isn't there, other times it is. I think it's more a matter of the ufc having a shit website than them kicking Tito out.

i see your point but Tito is still correct here that it is wrong they removed him. Liddell also fought in the same 200 lb weight class as Tito and he is listed in that 'most lhw wins' that Tito was removed from. Regardless if the weight class doesn't exist the UFC is still considering Liddells wins in that class to be counted as light heavy.

No sorry that's wrong. Liddell had all his wins at the 200 pounds weight class removed as well. When they showed the list he only had his wins when he was fighting at 205 or LHW.

At 205 Chuck has more wins than Tito.

some of you newer fans make me sick

i am no huge tito fan but he made history and is a HOF and now he's been removed???

he isnt even on the ufc site http://www.ufc.com/fighter/HallOfFame

show some respect to the pioneers who made it possible for guys you support today such as jon jones

danas a prick

Tito is still in the HOF you idiot. Fix your internet browser and stop getting your panties in a bunch.

VjdCMYw.jpg

Tito is still in the HOF you idiot. Fix your internet browser and stop getting your panties in a bunch.

lol. Relax. That site seems to get f*cked up every couple weeks and Griffin, Bonnar, and Tito go missing. It's like it gets set back to an earlier version, I can understand the confusion. If they aren't being shown right now, it's because your browser has the messed up version from a few weeks ago cached. Just have to clear the cache...

lol. Relax. That site seems to get f*cked up every couple weeks and Griffin, Bonnar, and Tito go missing. It's like it gets set back to an earlier version, I can understand the confusion. If they aren't being shown right now, it's because your browser has the messed up version from a few weeks ago cached. Just have to clear the cache...

Just trying to spread the knowledge. This thread is full of outraged people over something that's not true haha.

No sorry that's wrong. Liddell had all his wins at the 200 pounds weight class removed as well. When they showed the list he only had his wins when he was fighting at 205 or LHW.

Well color my shit purple and call it rainbow sherbet. Thanks for clarifying that. Tito is a tweak.

Well color my shit purple and call it rainbow sherbet. Thanks for clarifying that. Tito is a tweak.

Exactly. He's still in the HOF, he's wrong about being removed from the wins list, he even still has all his news stories and videos and stats and a profile on the UFC website as well.

I mean the UFC doesn't exactly publicize him anymore but in no way did they remove him from the "history books" as he put it I believe.

What history books is he even talking about? Did they have some special about the history of the UFC and leave him out?

EDIT: On UFC.com Tito is out of the Hall of Fame. Fucking ridiculous.

they recently had a list on the last UFC with the longest winning streaks of 205lbers......... Tito should of been at the top, but he wasn't even on the list.

Same thing they did to Frank Shamrock, the powerful write the history books, and Dana is the powerful writer at the moment.

Honestly, it was Tito not Chuck who carried this sport on his back during the dark ages, its pretty sickening to remove such a icon of the sport

Well the LHW division is 186-205. The previous "MW" division that Tito was in early on was, 200lbs. So technically, though at 200lbs, he was still a LHW if you go by the weight divisions that are now in effect.

1. He is still in the HOF. I literally just looked. Still there.

2. He is still in the UFC official records over at Fight Metric.

3. He wasnt left off or removed from the LHW wins list. Wins at the old LW (199 limit with no minimum) and old MW (171 minimum to 199 limit) werent included. The current weight classes were first implemented at UFC 31. Tito's first win under the modern LHW division was at UFC 32. The reason he didnt appear on the list is because he only has 9 wins in the modern LHW division.

4. I cant comment on the top 100 fights because I havent watched the newest one and dont remember what fights were on it previously. Can somebody tell me where Titos wins were ranked before?

Not saying the UFC doesnt have an agenda that has tageted/neglected former fighters. But when people are complaining about the first 3 things I listed, they are flat out wrong.

they recently had a list on the last UFC with the longest winning streaks of 205lbers......... Tito should of been at the top, but he wasn't even on the list.

Same thing they did to Frank Shamrock, the powerful write the history books, and Dana is the powerful writer at the moment.

Wrong. They werent on the list because they dont belong on the list. Tito only has 9 wins in the modern LHW division.

well 5 pounds, same shit w/e

Well the LHW division is 186-205. The previous "MW" division that Tito was in early on was, 200lbs. So technically, though at 200lbs, he was still a LHW if you go by the weight divisions that are now in effect.

While the 199 pound limit is similar to the current LHW limit of 205, the old minimum was 171 which is 15 pounds lighter than the current 186 pound minimum. The old MW division was pretty much the current LHW and MW divisions combined. Before that, it was called. LW and there was no minimum. So while the upper limit was similar, the minimum wasnt even close.

Back