I just wanna call it now.

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Because I feel like for Conor/Dustin II I didn’t make a prediction that early, I waited until the month of the fight. This time, I feel even more confident than I did last time, and I feel like Conor’s childish Twitter antics have definitely influenced that confidence. Conor imo doesn’t have the same mentality of the guy who won the belt at 145 and 155. People change, especially when you take big breaks and lose focus like Conor has time and time again. Conor wants to have his cake and eat it too in the UFC, and that shit isn’t gonna fly anymore. I don’t want to get too ranty in this thread so I’ll try to keep it short. Conor isn’t evolving, he isn’t being tested sufficiently either in his current camp. The game has clearly passed him by too, people revelled in Conor’s shoulder strikes in the Cerrone fight, but were quick to let him off the hook for Dustin’s calf kicks. The calf kicks are just another indicator that the game has passed Conor by, something that most well-rounded fighters have incorporated for quite some time completely flummoxed this supposed “world-beater”. That’s all for this thread Sherbros, what do you guys think? Am I right or wrong? Flame away and please bump when Dustin wins again, thanks.

It doesnt matter, at the end of the day Conor is still laughing all the way to the bank. He is still the biggest draw in the ufc by far and win or lose he still gets paid better than anyone else on the roster.

It doesnt matter, at the end of the day Conor is still laughing all the way to the bank. He is still the biggest draw in the ufc by far and win or lose he still gets paid better than anyone else on the roster.

Some athletes actually give a shit about winning or losing so it does matter.

It blows my mind when athletic accomplishments and accolades devolve down to earning potential. It's not like Conor's going to share it with fans or even gives a shit about them in the first place.

This sounds like the reasoning of a 17 year old boy. Athletes at the highest levels compete to be the best. If you were a fan you would want him to win. It doesn’t matter if he sucks because he’s getting paid? Of course it matters! What kind of moron would watch his team play every single weekend if he didn’t care about the outcome?

You're right Conor isnt the same guy anymore and staying at SBG Ireland keeps his skills in a plateau I hope Dustin takes the trilogy and Conor just fcks off for good

This sounds like the reasoning of a 17 year old boy. Athletes at the highest levels compete to be the best. If you were a fan you would want him to win. It doesn’t matter if he sucks because he’s getting paid? Of course it matters! What kind of moron would watch his team play every single weekend if he didn’t care about the outcome?

Sounds like you never heard of athletes leaving teams they were drafted by to get paid their worth. Its a business not a disney story.

Some athletes actually give a shit about winning or losing so it does matter.

It blows my mind when athletic accomplishments and accolades devolve down to earning potential. It's not like Conor's going to share it with fans or even gives a shit about them in the first place.

Name me one tenured professional athlete that plays the game for the love of the sport and not for their multi million dollar contract.

Don’t underestimate the stupidity of the casual fan and how easy they are to con.

Its not about being a casual. People want to be entertained. UFC is a few steps away from WWE and its been that way for years. Theres a reason why boring fighters like Usman dont draw views. His personality is bland and his fighting style most fights is boring as well. Theres a reason why fighters like Diaz and Conor sell. For one, there shit talk abilities, for two there fighting styles.

This is true. The rubber match is probably the highest pay he can get at the moment. IMO, he is going to lose again. I Felt Dustin would beat him the second time, but i also thought he might pull a Cerrone if the money was right, but now that i know Dustin isn't one to be bought, I have no doubt he will sleep Conor a second time.

Back