I just spent 4 hours getting gum graft surgery...AMA

Hitman81

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Background: I'm 39. I take care of my teeth but my gum line has been receding a little on my lower front teeth and I've needed do this for a while now. I also decided to finally get braces and the orthodontist said some of the teeth needed better gum protection before he could start moving them. Was supposed to do it in March but it got canceled due to the rona and wasn't able to reschedule until now.

It took 4 hours. They cut tissue from the roof of my mouth and stitched it over bone from a doner. The first few hours were fine but once the pre op meds and novacaine wore off my whole entire fucking mouth started to hurt badly

Popped some oxy and now chilling in my hot tub so already feeling better. But my lower gums looks a juicy medium rare steak and I have to wear a protective retainer for where they removed the tissue for a few weeks so probably no eating pussy for me until Christmas.

Last edited:
Was the person who had those gums before you a good kisser?

Could have had gum recession from grinding your teeth in your sleep.

Have you considered a fitted mouth guard or not grinding your teeth when you sleep?

I need to get scalings done but keep putting it off.

Could have had gum recession from grinding your teeth in your sleep.

Have you considered a fitted mouth guard or not grinding your teeth when you sleep?
Not sure. I know I chatter my teeth. I think it came from not really understanding how to take care of my gums and not brushing them like a brush my teeth.

Back