I just see Stipe, Ngannou, Overeem, all smoking Jon

Well, he hasn’t actually signed to fight anybody yet. All he’s done is avoid Jan, after accepting the call out after Jan’s second last win. Then he sat on his belt for months after his last victory. Then suddenly he’s moving up, but hasn’t accepted any fight. The whole thing stinks if you ask me.

Maybe.

But also maybe not.

Jones is much more well rounded and much more technically proficient than Stipe and Francis. A fully focused, beefed up no-weight cut Jon could certainly find a way to beat them. Overeem is definitely a tough matchup, but with each day that passes he gets closer to the end of his career. He's not as explosive as he once was and his chin is obviously completely gone. I wouldn't count Jon out in that one.

Ngannou leaves him in puddle,

Stipe kicks his ass over 5 rounds.

Overeem takes his head off.

Overeem gets knocked out by hard hitting 265 pound men. Jon’s punches won’t hurt him.

It feels like 3 men against a boy.
YEAH, JONESEY needed PEDS for 205 men, at HW he gets KTFO a fw times LOL<Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves>

Jones out works Ngannou and Overeeem. He ain’t got shit on Stipes!

I think Stipe and Overeem give jones more problems, just a lot more well rounded and Jones will know what ngannou is going too come at him with.
But we all know ngannou.

Jon's going to look a lot different at HW than he was at LHW. Y'all are expecting LHW Jon to compete at HW when actually what were gonna see is HW Jon vs other HW's.

Only Ngannou may pose a serious problem for Jon due to his ridiculously heavy hands, but then Ngannou has literally zilch wrestling and takedown defense since he got ragdolled by Stipe and got taken down multiple times. There's always the chance of a surprise KO, and Jon doesn't have heavy enough hands to hurt him standing which could pose problems. He's also surprisingly quick for being one of the biggest heavyweights, and that's always going to be a huge advantage in a division where ppl are generally slower.

Depends on how slower Jon gets after he transitions from LHW to HW though since speed and conditioning is something that a fighter definitely cannot lose over in that division.

Why can't Jon treat Stipe like how he did against Gustafsson again? Pretty much the same size but Stipe seems more stiff and robotic (except that Stipe has somewhat heavier hands).

i have a theory that the reason jones never went up to heavyweight until recently is because of overreem. overreem used to train with him at jackson's and there are stories that overreem goes hard in training, and maybe jones was intimidated by him or even hurt by him. i think jones beats stipe if he can be elusive enough, but he gets smoked by overreem and ngannou

Ngannou leaves him in puddle,

Stipe kicks his ass over 5 rounds.

Overeem takes his head off.

Overeem gets knocked out by hard hitting 265 pound men. Jon’s punches won’t hurt him.

It feels like 3 men against a boy.

What about the 2 times he got knocked out at LHW?

Jones hasn’t signed a fight for a reason. He’s still thinking about going up, which means he’s too scared to, he knows what would happen.

he will ask for an insane amount of money knowing he won’t get it and use it as an excuse to not go up and fight. He will blame Dana...

Only Ngannou may pose a serious problem for Jon due to his ridiculously heavy hands, but then Ngannou has literally zilch wrestling and takedown defense since he got ragdolled by Stipe and got taken down multiple times. There's always the chance of a surprise KO, and Jon doesn't have heavy enough hands to hurt him standing which could pose problems. He's also surprisingly quick for being one of the biggest heavyweights, and that's always going to be a huge advantage in a division where ppl are generally slower.

Depends on how slower Jon gets after he transitions from LHW to HW though since speed and conditioning is something that a fighter definitely cannot lose over in that division.

Why can't Jon treat Stipe like how he did against Gustafsson again? Pretty much the same size but Stipe seems more stiff and robotic (except that Stipe has somewhat heavier hands).
I thought at this point it would be obvious to everyone how strong Stipe is. He held a fresh Ngannou against the cage and does whatever he wants to anyone else. Jones is not avoiding the clinch for 5 rounds and he has nothing on Stipe. His only chance is if Stipe accidentally brings his Struve/DC1 chin with him and even then Jon would have to get a noticeable power increase to make it happen.

Jones can't compete at that level. Guys are too strong. His mystique would go poof.

Well, he hasn’t actually signed to fight anybody yet. All he’s done is avoid Jan, after accepting the call out after Jan’s second last win. Then he sat on his belt for months after his last victory. Then suddenly he’s moving up, but hasn’t accepted any fight. The whole thing stinks if you ask me.
Please oh please, tell u ur not actually saying he's "avoiding Jan!" W T F are u smoking and why must complete casuals say such comical things. U sir deserve a Netflix special

I dont see JJ being a fraction of the force he was at LHW. Great fighter, but those fights against an emaciated DC are completely different at HW

Yep. Werdum would beat him easily too.

Back