I just saw someone call GSP a two division title holder let's make something perfectly clear.

Conor's isn't legitimate either. He had 3 fights without defending. I can't even come up anything but a last minute replacement where a champ fought ONCE without their belt on the line.
This is the new UFC, whatever they can use to hype, they skew facts in their favor.

GSP "winning the MW belt" can be reduced to him "beating Michael Bisping".

Which is a good, solid accomplishment. But it's about as easy a path as you can get to the MW belt.

I put it about on the level of Anderson beating Forrest (who was a title holder at 205 close in time to when they fought).

its a feat if you move up to another division while still reigning as champion to IMMEDIATLY challenge for another title and win another title.

Which title did Nate Diaz have then?
This thread is retarded, the TS is retarded, who the fuck cares when you get the 2nd belt.

Getting titles is a feat no matter how or when you do it.

Technically TS is right.

But GSP is still >>>>>> Conor

And also ahead of Jones in the GOAT list. And DC > Jones.

But back to the thread, GSP is not a two division champ.

So many mentally challenged people on Sherdog. Seeing some of these threads make my head hurt.

At least Conor won it back right away instead of running from the UFC.
GSP has the best title reign in the history of the sport. He didn't "run away", he decided to stop back for a little, kick a world champions ass and take his belt, and then stroll back to Canada. You are misunderstanding the situation son.

Conor only fought at lightweight once in the UFC. How is his title more legitimate then GSP's? There is really no difference only GSP actually defended his WW belt numerous times. What did Conor do apart from losing to Diaz?

Wait, did that guy just call GSP Vs Bisping a fluke victory?

giphy.gif

I put it about on the level of Anderson beating Forrest (who was a title holder at 205 close in time to when they fought).

That's about right.

Bisping was better than Forrest, but Anderson completely dominated Forrest.

Coming out of retirement and winning the belt in the weight class above his is huge.

Being a two division champion is when you win a title while already being a champion in another duvision

That's why everyone says Conor is the first two division champion in the UFC.

Randy Cotoure was heavyweight champion and light heavyweight champion and he isn't 2 division world champ.

It's not a real feat if you get your ass handed to you by Johnny Hendricks leave and come back 4 years later and you're gifted a title shot barely win and vacate it, its a feat if you move up to another division while still reigning as champion to IMMEDIATLY challenge for another title and win another title.
Everything up to your last paragraph is true.

Johny Hendricks lost the fight. Blame it on the 10-9 must system. Johnny more clearly won his rounds than Georges did but alas, Georges 1,3,5. Arguable the first round could go to either guy.

It's fucking over. Move on. Hendricks fucking juiced the fuck out of himself to be about as good as Georges. Now, he is a C-level fighter. I wonder how that happened.

Conor got his ass handed to him by Nate f*cking Diaz, and then still got handed a title shot lol

True though that is, McGoobs destroyed the reigning champion. Either way, it's all garbage. No one will ever be physically able to hold and actively defend two belts. You'd need to fight four times per year at a minimum, and no champions do that (at least not after they've established themselves). Either they begin to slow their roll due to increased comfort from their cash earnings, or the toll begins to wear on them and the incentive to fight injured is outweighed by the risk of losing the belt.

I think it's worth mentioning that Bisping was better than Eddie Alvarez.

GSP’s “MW title” is a farce.

It wasn’t the undisputed title either since Whittaker was the interim MW champ.

Ping and Pierre screwed over the MW division

Anderoid’s MW title and reign is a farce. He tried to screw a legit challenger in Chris by ducking him for guys like Cung Le and Franklin but luckily he wasn’t able to

Back