I just realized why Stipe will defeat Ngannou again and again...

hes being trained by veiny shinned Couture,
Ngannou by whatever he wants

You may be right, but then again, Francis did not fight against Stipe like he fought against Blaydes.

This fight is a mystery. Or rather a choice between 2 outcomes really. Francis tries to rush him and is gonna give the TD right away, he's gonna gas in the 1st, and we have a repeat of the 1st fight. Or he lets Stipe come to him or at least is more patient, then he has a huge chance of catching Stipe and KOing him.

His last 4 fights were 5 rounders. Just sayin.
Yes, but it's like Ronda. Once he won't be able to flash KO an opponent, he'll burn himself out.
Sometimes, you need 25 minute wars to train elevate your game. If he can't catch Stipe in the first round, he's definitely not gonna win a decision.

Yes, but it's like Ronda. Once he won't be able to flash KO an opponent, he'll burn himself out.
Sometimes, you need 25 minute wars to train elevate your game.
Yeah that what's training is for. You don't use official fights to train your stamina, you get the job done as quick as you can to cash your check and go home.

If he can't catch Stipe in the first round, he's definitely not gonna win a decision.
If he can't in the 1st round, he still can in the 2nd and even the 3rd.
I don't think he wins a decision indeed, unless he scores several KD.

Ngannou talks about his wrestling classes with Randy in this post. I honestly think Ngannou has what it takes to keep it standing long enough to finish Stipe.

Stipe has already shown that even when he has Ngannou completely gassed and unresponsive, he can't finish him. Stipe would have to wreslte Ngannou for all 5 rounds and win a decision without getting caught by Ngannou at all. I just don't see that happening.

Stipe sank in the RNC at the buzzer of the second round, 5 more seconds and that fight was done. Don't know why he didn't try to sub him in the rounds after that, maybe he wanted to teach him a lesson or he didn't want to risk losing position (imo farfetched, Ngannou is trash on the ground) but he can certainly sub him. As for TKOing or KOing Ngannou... unlikely as he has an insanely good chin.

Ngannou talks about his wrestling classes with Randy in this post. I honestly think Ngannou has what it takes to keep it standing long enough to finish Stipe.

Stipe has already shown that even when he has Ngannou completely gassed and unresponsive, he can't finish him. Stipe would have to wreslte Ngannou for all 5 rounds and win a decision without getting caught by Ngannou at all. I just don't see that happening.

i mean, Ngannou had what it took to keep it standing long enough the last time and he still failed. he only has a good 4 minutes in him before his skills start falling apart. Stipe is betting on that like he did in the 1st fight. make him miss, touch him up a bit, and he'll start slowing down fast.

the problem is that everyone else that has fought Ngannou besides Derrick Lewis has stood in front of him and tried to brawl. that's exactly where Ngannou shines. give him some angles and a little bit of defense and like i said, he starts melting quick.

this sounds crazy but i think Ngannou should initiate the grappling and focus on controlling at least one of Stipe's wrists, and punch with the other hand. this way Stipe can't go anywhere and he simultaneously stops the grappling from coming into play. it will be ugly, but i think that's his best chance. if he tries to strike too much Stipe will use distance to avoid the strikes and time a takedown. he has to mug him with his own brand of grappling (wrist control to prevent the takedown attempts) and strike him in the scramble.

the only other way i see Ngannou winning is if Stipe is really that diminished from age and the DC fights. otherwise, it's not hard for Stipe to beat him again with his skillset.

i mean, Ngannou had what it took to keep it standing long enough the last time and he still failed. he only has a good 4 minutes in him before his skills start falling apart. Stipe is betting on that like he did in the 1st fight. make him miss, touch him up a bit, and he'll start slowing down fast.

the problem is that everyone else that has fought Ngannou besides Derrick Lewis has stood in front of him and tried to brawl. that's exactly where Ngannou shines. give him some angles and a little bit of defense and like i said, he starts melting quick.

this sounds crazy but i think Ngannou should initiate the grappling and focus on controlling at least one of Stipe's wrists, and punch with the other hand. this way Stipe can't go anywhere and he simultaneously stops the grappling from coming into play. it will be ugly, but i think that's his best chance. if he tries to strike too much Stipe will use distance to avoid the strikes and time a takedown. he has to mug him with his own brand of grappling (wrist control to prevent the takedown attempts) and strike him in the scramble.

the only other way i see Ngannou winning is if Stipe is really that diminished from age and the DC fights. otherwise, it's not hard for Stipe to beat him again with his skillset.

The problem with this gameplan is that Ngannou is not a lifelong wrestler, so his cardio conditioning is not trained for a fight with intense wrestling / grappling. If he initiates the grappling, he will tire himself out before he can do anything really.

The problem with this gameplan is that Ngannou is not a lifelong wrestler, so his cardio conditioning is not trained for a fight with intense wrestling / grappling. If he initiates the grappling, he will tire himself out before he can do anything really.

i mean, there is nothing else he can do but land a punch before Stipe takes him down. at least he can surprise him doing what i said and possibly land a punch because the scramble = chaos. like how he KO'd Cain. i don't expect him to do this for 5 minutes, i expect him to pick a time in the 1st rd and blitz him. of course he won't have the conditioning to do it for 5 minutes or more, but he can do it for 30 secs and that's all he needs to land a bomb or 2 on Stipe and hopefully stop him.

I think Stipe beats Jones and should beat Ngannou too, but Ngannou with that one punch power makes that bet way too risky.
This

Stipe is a more skilled guy, but Ngannou has found his groove. He's just gotta deliver that one shot and it's over, and he's damn good at delivering it.

It's weird how many people are considering Ngannou the favorite in the rematch.

so by that picture u posted u think nganou is also a world class wrestler now ? hehe

Stipe will never have a 10/10 chance to win because franny can always end it with one shot. So even if it’s stipe wins 9/10 times, will we see the 1/10 times franny wins? Nobody knows. That’s why they gotta book it.
If Stipe wins he’s goat hw. Franny only has power.
If Fran wins he’s goat hw. Stipe was overrated.

I think Francis win too but stipe already showed that he can do what you say he couldn't. I'm not going to assume that he couldn't do it again.

Stipe has slowed down so his chances to win are lower.

Training with Couture in 2020 isn’t exactly proof of wrestling pedigree. His wrestling class is probably Ngannou + 20 soccer moms.

I think you’re overestimating how much Francis has improved. Against Rozenstruik he was sloppy as hell; he just bull rushed him. He’s looked good lately, but wins over JDS and Cain in 2019 are not the same as wins over those guys in 2014.

Stipe is for sure getting up there in age, but he didn’t beat him because of his agility. He beat Francis by simply being a much better fighter, and that gap in skill is just as wide today as it was 2 years ago.

Training with Couture in 2020 isn’t exactly proof of wrestling pedigree. His wrestling class is probably Ngannou + 20 soccer moms.

I think you’re overestimating how much Francis has improved. Against Rozenstruik he was sloppy as hell; he just bull rushed him. He’s looked good lately, but wins over JDS and Cain in 2019 are not the same as wins over those guys in 2014.

Stipe is for sure getting up there in age, but he didn’t beat him because of his agility. He beat Francis by simply being a much better fighter, and that gap in skill is just as wide today as it was 2 years ago.

I agree. Stipe chin worries me though, Francis wobbled him a few times. Stipe is much slower now, I don't think he takes those same punches.

Back