I just realized....Pettis will upset Tony

ferguson gets hit cleanly in every fight. he also doesn't use his wrestling offensively. i can't stand conor's shenanigans and will always root against him, but out of khabib, tony, and lee, tony is stylistically the easiest matchup for him. he will stand in front of him and throw his crazy shit, but he will also be there to be hit. and you don't want to be hit cleanly by conor.

and to be honest, i could also see pettis taking it. he's very underrated here, people seem to forget how skilled he is and how he was finishing fights before his fall. i'll take ferguson by submission, but it wouldn't shock me at all if pettis put him away.

It wouldn't shock me if Pettis put Ferguson (or McGregor) away either.

It's a fight and Pettis is talented so of course he COULD win, but I wouldn't bet on it.

anything can happen in mma, and it would be foolish to underestimate pettis even now.

It wouldn't shock me if Pettis put Ferguson (or McGregor) away either.

I think Pettis matches up better against McGregor than Ferg. Pettis has a good chin and Conor doesn't have the wrestling or jits to control the fight as well as he would need to.

It's possible, but I think Cucuy takes it via non-stop pressure.

Not sure Pettis can hang with the pace Tony sets.

I do expect it to be a pretty violent fight for however long it lasts though.

Doesn’t Tony have a history of starting fights off slow?

If he does start off slow in this fight, combined with a lack of total confidence in his knee, I could see this being a huge upset. Tony hasn’t fought in a year, and he has only fought twice in the last 2 years. He definitely could have ring rust.

Pettis isn’t the killer that he once was, but he is still a top 10 caliber fighter, who would be a difficult fight for anyone who was coming back from a serious injury.

What does the photo of the cannibal maniac Chikatillo stand for in this thread? :))

Realization I guess...look deep in the semi vacant eyes...

I put a bet on Pettis winning. Pettis is looking better and better, though not back to his best. And Tony coming back after a big injury and all the ups and downs.
I've parlayed it with khabib beating Conor by ko/tko for 14.7/1 odds.

So you think that I'm copying your barely literate ramblings now? How delusional of you. You can't even string together a coherent thought. You are either extremely intoxicated or have a severe case of autism. Maybe both.

You present yourself a certain way then try to berate other people for what you believe is a similar behavior. Have you ever made love to a woman?
LOL mad GHEY VIRGIN you are!

I don't see it happening. Perhaps Ferguson is coming back too quickly but he's also too mentally strong and high-pressure for Pettis (to say nothing of the variety in his skill). Possible Pettis wins this but not probable IMO.

Anticipating a minimum of knock Pedown by Pettis. The holes of striking defense of Tony will sooner or later lead down to a knock down which he will not manage (maybe due to 3 round time constraint) cover by later submission or better cardio. Or in a worse scenario be knocked out - I see Pettis being quite a capable to doing it.

Plan to put around 30 USD on Pettis victory. Odds of +260 are quite good

Who cares? Are you on crack, this fight is aweome, any non-casual knows that.

No one is really talking about this fight at all, because honestly compared to Conor/Khabib or the constantly ruined Khabib/Tony, who gives a FUCK about Tony/Pettis? It almost seems like a stay busy fight for Tony to stay relevant while Conor and Khabib complete eclipse him. It really shows you the true standing of the 3, no matter what Tony does he will NEVER be near Conor or Khabibs potential stardom.

But heres the thing.........I think Pettis will either UD or SD Tony.

Pettis has been........less than stellar lately. But he hasn't been awful. He's been out there winning(and losing) some fights but hasn't looked HORRIBLE. He is a handful for anybody, especially anyone not going in with a grappling heavy gameplan. Tony will try to strike with him, but Pettis has weird crafty striking, and is slick enough to not get caught in any grappling or scrambles.

And then.....the biggest factor of them all. Tony absolutely nuking his own knee by tripping over a cable, like an nonathletic cow tripping in a pothole. I don't care who you are, that is going to have permanent career altering repercussions. A knee injury that severe(and Tonys was VERY severe) is going to permanently hurt everything. Training. Fighting. Confidence. Everything. Even for an A level athlete, and Tony is no A level athlete. He can post all the retarded training videos he wants. He is not back to 100% and never will be.

I think Pettis will manage to sneak by with a decision win.

But, at the end of the day, who cares? We have GOAT Conor vs Russia Khabib coming up.

Cool story, bro. Pettis beats Chiesa, who was goofing off instead of fighting, and now Pettis is a world beater? Nah, he still has big problems with Ferguson. Two words: ankle pick

nah.

how can you not see that this is a warmup fight for tony?

It is a really weird matchup to make, but hey, the UFC has to make all the solid guys fight each other to thin out the rankings so Conor can fight a #8 ranked guy or something if he gets past Khabib rather than fighting top guys consistently.

does anyone know the specific details of Tony's knee injury? all i find is "ruptured ligaments" - does that mean a full ACL tear?

if so, he's coming back too fast.

Back