I just realized....Pettis will upset Tony

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
No one is really talking about this fight at all, because honestly compared to Conor/Khabib or the constantly ruined Khabib/Tony, who gives a FUCK about Tony/Pettis? It almost seems like a stay busy fight for Tony to stay relevant while Conor and Khabib complete eclipse him. It really shows you the true standing of the 3, no matter what Tony does he will NEVER be near Conor or Khabibs potential stardom.

But heres the thing.........I think Pettis will either UD or SD Tony.

Pettis has been........less than stellar lately. But he hasn't been awful. He's been out there winning(and losing) some fights but hasn't looked HORRIBLE. He is a handful for anybody, especially anyone not going in with a grappling heavy gameplan. Tony will try to strike with him, but Pettis has weird crafty striking, and is slick enough to not get caught in any grappling or scrambles.

And then.....the biggest factor of them all. Tony absolutely nuking his own knee by tripping over a cable, like an nonathletic cow tripping in a pothole. I don't care who you are, that is going to have permanent career altering repercussions. A knee injury that severe(and Tonys was VERY severe) is going to permanently hurt everything. Training. Fighting. Confidence. Everything. Even for an A level athlete, and Tony is no A level athlete. He can post all the retarded training videos he wants. He is not back to 100% and never will be.

I think Pettis will manage to sneak by with a decision win.

But, at the end of the day, who cares? We have GOAT Conor vs Russia Khabib coming up.

No one is really talking about this fight at all, because honestly compared to Conor/Khabib or the constantly ruined Khabib/Tony, who gives a FUCK about Tony/Pettis? It almost seems like a stay busy fight for Tony to stay relevant while Conor and Khabib complete eclipse him. It really shows you the true standing of the 3, no matter what Tony does he will NEVER be near Conor or Khabibs potential stardom.

Pettis has been........less than stellar lately. But he hasn't been awful. He's been out there winning(and losing) some fights but hasn't looked HORRIBLE. He is a handful for anybody, especially anyone not going in with a grappling heavy gameplan. Tony will try to strike with him, but Pettis has weird crafty striking, and is slick enough to not get caught in any grappling or scrambles.

And then.....the biggest factor of them all. Tony absolutely nuking his own knee by tripping over a cable, like an nonathletic cow tripping in a pothole. I don't care who you are, that is going to have permanent career altering repercussions. A knee injury that severe(and Tonys was VERY severe) is going to permanently hurt everything. Training. Fighting. Confidence. Everything. Even for an A level athlete, and Tony is no A level athlete. He can post all the retarded training videos he wants. He is not back to 100% and never will be.

But, at the end of the day, who cares? We have GOAT Conor vs Russia Khabib coming up.
I would understand an upset win over Cucuy, but a decision seems unlikely imo.

It's possible, but I think Cucuy takes it via non-stop pressure.

Not sure Pettis can hang with the pace Tony sets.

I do expect it to be a pretty violent fight for however long it lasts though.

If this is true, it will only be because it's a three rounder.

I think El Cucuy is going to make a STATEMENT, guys have come back from brutal injuries before, acting like you know for sure he'll never be 100% is naive.

I think so too....Cucuy is going to sleep

Think of how motivated he is rn, everything has been stripped away from him because of a freak accident. I expect him to finish him in a similiar fashion to Barboza.

guys have come back from brutal injuries before, acting like you know for sure he'll never be 100% is naive.

Let me ask you this.......are you a pretty amazing athlete that has at some point suffered SEVERE injuries, requiring months or years of rehab? Because I'm speaking from experience.

You dont have your knee turned to fucking jello and come back 100%. Maybe 95%, sure. Maybe 97% if you are in the top 1%. MAYBE 99% if you are fucking superman and a 1 in a billion athlete. 100%? No, never. Not possible.

s-2177941cad12b4926715aea3fea0b40315486d04.gif

This. Been saying this is a dangerous fight for Cucuy because he's hittable, rusty, and coming back from an injury. Plus Pettis is a sniper. Still Fergus pace, and ugly style, and wrestling are perfect for fucking up Pettis.

Never count Pettis out especially if the fight stays standing...

I still think Tony takes it though, the world NEEDS to see Tony vs Khabib!

Pettis is still a beast and can still be champion one day.

First off - I care about Tony/Pettis even if Khabib/Conor is more hype... I'm NOT overlooking Pettis because his style could hold it's own against Tony, but I have faith in Tony's ability to adapt and overcome. Expecting Tony to win a hard fight but you won't hear me say "wow man I just realized Tony is gonna beat pettis even though TS realized Pettis would beat TOny... weird"

Tony Ferguson would absolutely humiliate your "GOAT" Conor.
lol you homers that dedicate your entire life to keyboard bashing Conor just cant let it go. Every thread you enter you have to talk about Conor. Sad existence tbh.

I think Pettis can pull the upset too but by landing a liver kick early.

Pettis struggles against high paced pressure guys so the longer it goes the more of an edge I would give Tony.

How can Pettis possibly beat Tony when Tony will be fighting Khabib after Conor pulls out?

I agree Pettis might be the worst matchup for Tony in the whole division. He's better everywhere that Tony excells. That said, I got Tony by UD due to pressure and weirdness.

lol you homers that dedicate your entire life to keyboard bashing Conor just cant let it go. Every thread you enter you have to talk about Conor. Sad existence tbh.

It's more like the other way around. You're the one who kept bringing Conor up because you can't keep his nuts out of your mouth. There is not a more pathetic and sadder existence than that of a Conor McGregor fan boy. I'm just giving my opinions on the people who won't shut up about him, especially when he's not even relevant to the subject.

Back