I just realized Faber retired without having a TJ vs Faber grudge match

I would have liked to see that fight but Faber had no chance.

He had a chance when the feud first started, but then he started slipping right around the saenz fight.

WEC folded before most people on the forums started watching MMA. He's been a UFC champion exactly never.

The ufc FW belt is the WEC FW belt. The same belt Faber had and defended against top guys like Cruz, Curran, and pulver to list a few. If you don't acknowledge that, then you're in denial of facts.

WEC folded before most people on the forums started watching MMA. He's been a UFC champion exactly never.
The UFC belt shares the same lineage as the WEC one, it's the same belt, he was the world champion.

Surprised that TJ hasn't commented on it yet. He probably couldn't care less, but it would sell. Should've put them on TUF for Faber's retirement match.

this
faber knowing of the presumed benefit$ of that fight, clearly didn't want any of that.

I envision the build up like this
Faber: "TJ Duane Ludwig is evil!"

TJ: "From my point of view, the Alpha Males are evil!"

and after Faber victory

Faber: "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Beta Males, not join them! Bring balance to the force... not leave it in darkness!"

TJ: "I HATE YOU!"

Faber: "TJ You were my brother, I loved you"
Post of the year

Does holding to this shitty gimmick get tiring?
I wouldn't bother. I don't anymore.

Kid's a mental midget that won't let go of something that just doesn't work.

Stay groovy!

Legion of Groove; .1%ers

Lando Champ 2017

Urijah is too old for that now. TJ is a top BW.

Urijah is too old for that now. TJ is a top BW.
I'd still watch them grapple at Sub Underground or Metamoris.

Faber would be more competitive with no striking and it might be fun.

I'd still watch them grapple at Sub Underground or Metamoris.

Faber would be more competitive with no striking and it might be fun.
Now that I would enjoy. Urijah is still a handful on the ground.

I wouldn't bother. I don't anymore.

Kid's a mental midget that won't let go of something that just doesn't work.

Stay groovy!

Legion of Groove; .1%ers

Lando Champ 2017
I was just curious. Seems tedious to force yourself to reply to a post and have to include the same unfunny shit every single time.

TJ didn't want that fight, you can tell he still likes/respects Urijah enough not to put a final nail in the coffin of their friendship by kicking his ass in front of thousands of people
I don't know. I think Faber is a classy dude, and TJ isn't an asshole. I think a fight would have allowed them to bury the hatchet.
I do think the UFC was pretty dumb to not find a way to schedule a bout between either TJ and Faber, or TJ and Cody.

I would have much rather preffered that then them booking him vs cruz again. They fucked up.

Just because Faber was worthy of a title shot doesn't mean he is good enough to fight the rightful champ.

Yeah but BJ was actually a solid champion.

TJ was the best champion the ufc ever had. All wins by finish, frequent fighter and accepted a replacement on 72 hours notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back