I just realized Faber retired without having a TJ vs Faber grudge match

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
surprised UFC let that one slip through tbh, that would sold some ppvs

Easiest 30-27 or 50-45 ever for TJ. This assuming Faber can survive to go to a decision.

I'm sure that Faber was relieved about that as well.

Faber went out in a good way. Never had the real downslide/decline. I think there is something to be said for a guy who could still have been competitive with the bulk of the division opting to call it a career, setting the career end date, win, lose or draw and then going out on a victory.

I don't think Faber is someone who is going to look back on his career with any regrets. He fought elite level competition for much of his career. He was always a hard worker, always in shape, and even when he lost and lost bad, he got back in there without issue and fought again.

rocky-v-tommy-gunn-fight.jpg

They'll settle that in the streets naturally.

Submission Underground.

Somebody call Chael and get it booked.

Wait, I might actually have his number.

I would have liked to see that fight but Faber had no chance.

Wouldn't of gone well for him. Good for Faber to retire with a W

Faber don't want that fight bruh! You don't need GOAT GUERNICA to tell you that...

#GUERNICAbless

Surprised that TJ hasn't commented on it yet. He probably couldn't care less, but it would sell. Should've put them on TUF for Faber's retirement match.

Seriously, Faber stands no chance with striking.

I would watch them sub wrestle for keeps, though.

S.U.G. 3

if TJ loses and Garbrandt wins Faber should come out of retirement and fight Cody for the crown

I envision the build up like this
Faber: "TJ Duane Ludwig is evil!"

TJ: "From my point of view, the Alpha Males are evil!"

and after Faber victory

Faber: "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Beta Males, not join them! Bring balance to the force... not leave it in darkness!"

TJ: "I HATE YOU!"

Faber: "TJ You were my brother, I loved you"

Cant believe TJ not getting a title rematch, Dana even said he thinks TJ won that fight lol

Retiring doesn't mean there's no coming back

BJ Penn retires every week and still gets booked to fight

TJ didn't want that fight, you can tell he still likes/respects Urijah enough not to put a final nail in the coffin of their friendship by kicking his ass in front of thousands of people

The build up was kinda halfway, and even that the actual fight might not live up.

Back