Movies I just realized a plot hole in Days of Future Past

Truly the most ridiculous part of that movie

Pretty sure cerebro doesn't tell you who the mutant is it just tells you their location.

How did Wolverine get his metal claws back after losing them in the Wolverine. To me that’s one of the biggest plot holes/loose ends of all time.

I don't know if it's ever been explained, because his claws are metal by LOGAN, which further presents the idea of multiple or altered timelines, which means anything is possible, even do-overs.

I thought this one was actually explained... or at least implied.

In the end scene Stryker retrieves Logan from the water in which Magneto threw him. The Weapon X project is gonna happen and we're back where we left off with adamantium Wolverine.

In the end scene Stryker retrieves Logan from the water in which Magneto threw him. The Weapon X project is gonna happen and we're back where we left off with adamantium Wolverine.

Stryker getting his hands on Wolverine in the 1970s wouldn’t explain how Wolverine could get his claws back after losing them forty years later.

Stryker getting his hands on Wolverine in the 1970s wouldn’t explain how Wolverine could get his claws back after losing them forty years later.

Sorry, I misread the message.

From what I read from other fans, the dominant belief is that Magento helped him with that since they were working together in DOFP.

I can't see a better explanation so I go with that.

Sorry, I misread the message.

From what I read from other fans, the dominant belief is that Magento helped him with that since they were working together in DOFP.

I can't see a better explanation so I go with that.

Which is why I consider it a loose end. It’s not addressed in the movie at all, and I’m not sure if that explanation (Which I’ve read before) is something the directors/writers ever explicitly stated or if it’s just fan speculation.

I knew they were metal in the future in DOFP which was inconsistent with the ending of Wolverine, but I couldn’t remember their status in the past of DOFP because I couldn’t remember if that was supposed to be before or after the weapon X stuff.

DOFP in the 1973 part was before the Weapon X stuff. He had his bone claws in the 70's.

I'm not sure what decade the weapon X stuff was supposed to happen in.

Iirc at the end of DOFP, Stryker's eyes flashed yellow, implying that it was Mystique posing as Stryker.

Am I remembering that right? Because if that's true....then how does Logan end up with metal claws in the future?

Back