I just ordered Eddie Bravo Dvds

Terrazas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mastering the rubberguard. It was a little pricey, but i'm pretty excited. Does anyone have any experience with these Dvd's? If so, what did you think?

Mastering the rubberguard. It was a little pricey, but i'm pretty excited. Does anyone have any experience with these Dvd's? If so, what did you think?

I have them also. You can expect a bunch of extras. There is no twister side control, just his bottom game. The camera angles seem weird at first, but you get used to them. They really show you things the book couldn't like how to properly execute the pump. Overall very good DVDs.

I have them also. You can expect a bunch of extras. There is no twister side control, just his bottom game. The camera angles seem weird at first, but you get used to them. They really show you things the book couldn't like how to properly execute the pump. Overall very good DVDs.

How long are the dvd's? Does it show a lot of guard or just rubber and half? Any info appreciated.

The DVDs show everything from the book, "Mastering The Rubber Guard". There is a lot of extras I could have done without. The actual jiujitsu content itself could have probably fit on one DVD. Good content, just a little too expensive I think for what you get. Of course, you might like the little skits he has on there and the music videos.

How long are the dvd's? Does it show a lot of guard or just rubber and half? Any info appreciated.

I'm not at my house so I can't tell you exactly how long they are. They are not short by any means however. As to the guy above me that could do without the extras, on the main screen you can just select to watch only the training portion without his skits.

I'm not too sure on what you mean by does it show a lot of guard or just rubber? Rubber guard is the guard game Eddie teaches. You will not be seeing armbar from guard or basic traingle. Only the things from rubber guard.

He has 3 dvd's. The first DVD will go over his half guard game. Very important if you plan on using rubber guard as it shows the lockdown and how to use this to sweep to twister side control (which it doesn't show much of unfortunately) and to get to positions such as stoner control.

His second DVD lays out the rubber guard path, mission control to jiu claw. Some of the moves are taught by his students also who he has on there for fun.

The third DVD lays out the spider web position which you will end up in quite a bit if you use rubber guard.

Lot's of extras such as him and Shinyu Aoki, Quatoof skits, messing with his students, music videos, and just random things. Also as a side note, every DVD is introduced by Joey Karate, and I know the fat man thing is played out, but I always laugh when he says "fucko."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back