I just noticed something about Rousey.

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
She might literally be the only fighter in the UFC that comes into the Octagon with that ridiculously goofy looking scowl on her face. Possibly Nick and Nate, but there are times where they just come in relaxed, and not with the mean mug look.

I just noticed this as I was re watching Ronda's baptism against Nunes.

My wife, who doesn't watch MMA at all, walked in while she was walking in and everything. She asked me what the fuck her problem was, why she was acting like that. Said she looked like she was a villain in a shitty movie.

Edmund puts his gimp mask on in the back to get her fired up

b44e9e1d5e5d4c60be01d7aa225e483a3a5e1290a41663adabcef3727449f72d.jpg

Kobe Bryant would do something similar with this trasparently fake underbite scowl. Was kinda ghey tbh. Still would've become UFC HW champ with like 3 weeks prep time

"Possibly" Nick and Nate? Lol they patented that silliness. In lots of ways Ronda is like a Diaz sister (strange considering how hated she is and worshipped they are), and they're "homies" after all.

My wife, who doesn't watch MMA at all, walked in while she was walking in and everything. She asked me what the fuck her problem was, why she was acting like that. Said she looked like she was a villain in a shitty movie.
The way I picture this happening made me smile.

Your wife is right.

Yeah...Diego does that stupid shit and its laughable. I remember BJ laughing and saying hes just weird.

Ronda has mentioned that she has somewhat modeled herself, or at least her persona/attitude, after Tito Ortiz.

You cant say you haven't seen other fighters mean mug on their way to the ring..

Mind you, it seldom pans out well if they end up getting get smashed.

She might literally be the only fighter in the UFC that comes into the Octagon with that ridiculously goofy looking scowl on her face. Possibly Nick and Nate, but there are times where they just come in relaxed, and not with the mean mug look.

I just noticed this as I was re watching Ronda's baptism against Nunes.
I wonder if she ever considered removing the mole

The scowl is Ronda's "Blue steel", her moneymaker.

Back