I just learned why Quadros was replaced by Pride

basandquadro.gif

War Quadros.

War Quadros.

I always felt sorry for him leaving because you could see how much he loved it, but I assumed he had health issues or something... I had no idea he got dumped like that.

He went straight to Cage Rage, and still does UK and Irish shows here and there - it's weird hearing him correct the announcers, like he is just too good for it but loves his job so much he'd do it anywhere. Dudes a legend, and virtually nobody knows about how awesome he is...

I'm gonna dig put my old Pride collection. .

I heard somewhere that DREAM is looking to start it up again, but it might be bullshit.

We are connected:)

Fedor and Cro Cop are the fighters who got me hooked back in college

I'm beside myself in anticipation of Fedor's return

I don't know what to do with my hands...

Seriously? Posting an article from 03 and trying to ask people about what they thought back then? That's like seeing the movie Heat for the first time in 2015 and wanting to talk about it.

That was funny, I had to lol at that one. I forgot about 'Heat' until you mentioned it lol.

DeNiro's last great performance, before he went all ill-advised 'comedian' in some crap movies.

Bas and Quadros were an awesome team, but that was ages ago lol; their commentary in the first fight between Randleman vs Cro Cop is an all time classic.

Seriously? Posting an article from 03 and trying to ask people about what they thought back then? That's like seeing the movie Heat for the first time in 2015 and wanting to talk about it.

Stop talking, okay, Slick?

For me, I tried to watch as many PRIDE FC DVD's from PRIDE 1, so the best PRIDE team will always be Quadros + Bas.

Quadros and Rutten were my favorite commentary team ever. Their commentary for the first Pride shows is like MMA version of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Perry was the worst ever. Mauro was alright, but I always liked Quadros more. Trigg sucked.

Quadros and Bas were the best MMA commentators ever.

No other team has come close.

I've been watching Pride every afternoon after work for the past month or so. I heat up a chef boyardee and get after it. I have em all on my computer and it's been a blast going through them all again. Shockwave was fucking crazy in scale. Quadros was a nerd, but I love him, and Bas was at his best back then. I was wondering about what precipitated the change to Mauro/Trigg/etc; crazy timing for this thread...

I've been in a Pride mood lately as well. I watched Bushido 9 Sunday for the 100th time, fucking epic MMA show. Pride shows were the best. You could put together a list of the greatest MMA shows of all time and UFC shows would be lucky to crack the top 10 because of all the amazing Pride shows.

Quadros didn't like Jerry Millen trying to tell him what to say. I remember one of the shows he said it right on the air without mentioning Millen. Can't recall which event it was.

you made me wanna re-watch it. i wonder if it aged well

Mauro / Bas was the best 1-2 play by play tandem ever so it was the right call. Never really cared for Quadros.

I liked Mauro a lot during Pride. By around... strikeforce I'd begun to find him a bit obnoxious.

I've been in a Pride mood lately as well. I watched Bushido 9 Sunday for the 100th time, fucking epic MMA show. Pride shows were the best. You could put together a list of the greatest MMA shows of all time and UFC shows would be lucky to crack the top 10 because of all the amazing Pride shows.

Man I'd definitely agree with that; UFC is and has always been awesome, but just sort of sterile and straightforward in comparison. Bushido 9 was great, but I was always bummed that MinowaMan lost... I see that he has his 99th fight coming up; that's insane...

Man I'd definitely agree with that; UFC is and has always been awesome, but just sort of sterile and straightforward in comparison. Bushido 9 was great, but I was always bummed that MinowaMan lost... I see that he has his 99th fight coming up; that's insane...

Wrong.

Fedor and Cro Cop are the fighters who got me hooked back in college

I'm beside myself in anticipation of Fedor's return

I don't know what to do with my hands...

Hhehe:)

With me it was CC from 2001 and Fedor from 2005. Still root for both of course, but Fedor is my favorite.

As for your hands, here:

lingerie-014-06272013.gif

That was funny, I had to lol at that one. I forgot about 'Heat' until you mentioned it lol.

DeNiro's last great performance, before he went all ill-advised 'comedian' in some crap movies.

Bas and Quadros were an awesome team, but that was ages ago lol; their commentary in the first fight between Randleman vs Cro Cop is an all time classic.

CC vs Randleman 1 was done by Bas, Mauro and Heath Herring:)

Quadros didn't like Jerry Millen trying to tell him what to say. I remember one of the shows he said it right on the air without mentioning Millen. Can't recall which event it was.

I respect him even more now.

Back