I just learned why Quadros was replaced by Pride

and NO one wants to talk about it! I have so much to discuss!

No, it's a Jim Gaffigan reference.

Ah. Was a little suspect with the specificty.

Mauro was a pro, while Perry just tried too hard to be funny.

Mauro knew his stuff, but as an announcer he was terrible, and he epitomized what you call trying too hard. Way over the top on every KO, screaming over everybody else and trying to work his one liners in.

Perry may not have been the best, or maybe not even that good, but he never got in the way like Mauro always does

Mauro knew his stuff, but as an announcer he was terrible, and he epitomized what you call trying too hard. Way over the top on every KO, screaming over everybody else and trying to work his one liners in.

Perry may not have been the best, or maybe not even that good, but he never got in the way like Mauro always does

I don't know:) I like him. He annoyed me sometimes, but was great most of the time.

After watching these 2 videos, I like him even more.

Quadros, Bas and Mauro all made Pride shows better. I am forever thankful to them.

I heard Quadros lied about his qualifications he was in fact NOT a professor of fighting.

everyone always talks about the commentators, but 90% of the Pride I watched was in japanese from vhs tapes my japanese friend would get shipped to him.

i didn't even know Bas commentated for Pride until after he left

I'm watching my Pride stuff.

Leave now and let Pride fans enter:)

I've been watching Pride every afternoon after work for the past month or so. I heat up a chef boyardee and get after it. I have em all on my computer and it's been a blast going through them all again. Shockwave was fucking crazy in scale. Quadros was a nerd, but I love him, and Bas was at his best back then. I was wondering about what precipitated the change to Mauro/Trigg/etc; crazy timing for this thread...

I always wondered what happened...

I didnt know this

Some of their skits were just unbelievably cheesy... Remember the one with Bas's briefcase with the secrets inside it that turned out to be the Bas Rutten Big Book Of Combat..?

Mauro's "25 centimeter pole" line was a "so bad it's good" moment, I guess.

everyone always talks about the commentators, but 90% of the Pride I watched was in japanese from vhs tapes my japanese friend would get shipped to him.

i didn't even know Bas commentated for Pride until after he left

I always preferred it when I got my Pride clips with Japanese commentary. That way you'd capture the excitement via the commentator's pitch, without having to suffer through understanding what cliched rubbish he might actually be saying.

I've been watching Pride every afternoon after work for the past month or so. I heat up a chef boyardee and get after it. I have em all on my computer and it's been a blast going through them all again. Shockwave was fucking crazy in scale. Quadros was a nerd, but I love him, and Bas was at his best back then. I was wondering about what precipitated the change to Mauro/Trigg/etc; crazy timing for this thread...

We are connected:)

Some of their skits were just unbelievably cheesy... Remember the one with Bas's briefcase with the secrets inside it that turned out to be the Bas Rutten Big Book Of Combat..?

basandquadro.gif

War Quadros.

SQ%20throws%20Karate%20punch.jpg

Back