I just got back from UFC 165 LIVE...

The crowd was funny during carmont fight. They would be boo the stalling but cheered every takedown (they should have figured it would lead to stalling)

The event as a whole I loved it. Had an amazing time. The main event was amazing. Idk if you could tell but the place was going nuts.

Main event was looking so close live. The people in my area thought jones won but they were American I think and I'm not sure if it was a locality thing. The sweeden crowd wasn't too far away

Man it really was great wasn't it. I was also wondering if the T.V picked up how crazy it was, and the ovations after every round. Seemed everyone around me thought Gus won, but they were all Canadians lol. Don't know if that matters.

On tv it looked like Gus did more significant damage & landed more shots than Jones.

Jones was missing most of his spinning kicks & elbows & looked frustrated & tired.

I thought Gus did enough to win the fight.

I think seeing George's helped. He got a pretty good cheer. I'll agree about the crowd, felt different this time for me.

Do you know if it was it sold out?

15 505 in attendance, WAS NOT sold out but man VERY LITTLE seats were empty, I don't know capacity for ufc but honestly it must have been so close to selling out. it did not seem like many seats were empty

15 505 in attendance, WAS NOT sold out but man VERY LITTLE seats were empty, I don't know capacity for ufc but honestly it must have been so close to selling out. it did not seem like many seats were empty

Darn, I know ticket sales were down for the last show. I hope this one was good because I want them to keep coming back

Darn, I know ticket sales were down for the last show. I hope this one was good because I want them to keep coming back

I've flown to 2 UFC in Toronto from Newfoundland so far both been high sellers, both been a lot of energy, a lot of money. I bet they will be back!! bank on it

15K for a 2 million gate, they will be back.

No doubt! I don't think UFC always does 2 mill gate, that plus something not being talked about a lot is how much merchandise was sold. A lot. A lot of people bought shirts and t-shirts and such, I spent $50 just on Merch and a lot of people spent more. My Party of 4 spent $265 on Merchandise ALONE, I don't think they get money on food but dame the Merch HAD to make a lot of money

The scoring is of some debate. Like some others said most of the media has Jones winning. On sherdog 65% of people have Gus winning. I personally had it 49-46 which lots of people disagree with also. I think it was a close fight and anyone screaming that someone got robbed is being an idiot.

No doubt! I don't think UFC always does 2 mill gate, that plus something not being talked about a lot is how much merchandise was sold. A lot. A lot of people bought shirts and t-shirts and such, I spent $50 just on Merch and a lot of people spent more. My Party of 4 spent $265 on Merchandise ALONE, I don't think they get money on food but dame the Merch HAD to make a lot of money

agreed. i know the Sydney shows did record Mech sales. not sure how the Vegas shows do in this regard, but 2 million Gate and good Mech sales is more than enough to come back again.

If anyone on the 300 section after the fight saw some crazy guy running out of the building yelling "That was fucking bullshit" over and over, that was me :D

If anyone on the 300 section after the fight saw some crazy guy running out of the building yelling "That was fucking bullshit" over and over, that was me :D

so from this post we can assume two things, you are crazy and can't judge fights :icon_lol:

I was there jones won people just not use to him getting challenged so looked worse than it was

Last edited:
I was the joned won people just not use to him getting challenged so looked worse than it was

It WAS bad for jones, not LOOKED BAD, like I said though a fight like that I was disappointed but satisfied? what a sport

It was a crazy atmosphere, high energy, and a great main event. I haven't watched the tape but live It def seemed like Jones lost that fight 48-47, and I think most of the 15 000 people felt the same. With that being said I have new respect for Jones as he did show his heart, he proved he is a champion.

My question is did it look like a jones win on T.V?

No. I also scored it 48-47 GUS and watched the event from my computer.

was the crowd getting pissed during the Carmont fight?

how would you rate the event as a whole.

and on tv, Jon won 48-47 at worst.

I was at the fights last night in my hometown- i was sitting in the lower bowl (100 Section) and the crowd was very pissed in the Carmont/Ricci fight- a large number of fans just left mid-way of the third round to get an early break from that snoozefest of a fight. The event was great- i have watched regular season hockey and basketball in that same arena- and i never heard an arena that loud

in my life in during Bones vs. Gus. Nothing beats the UFC live. I had Jon winning 3 rounds to 2, and would have no complaints if the fight was draw or had Gus won as well. It was real close- Round 2 is where the dispute lies- i had it for Jones, but watching the round again this afternoon- i now see why people believe Gus had won. Would love to see a rematch. Let Glover face Phil Davis next in a title eliminator. Always love it when the UFC comes every year. Can't wait until next September!

Back