I just got back from UFC 165 LIVE...

MMAth Problem

Skipper
@purple
Reaction score
It was a crazy atmosphere, high energy, and a great main event. I haven't watched the tape but live It def seemed like Jones lost that fight 48-47, and I think most of the 15 000 people felt the same. With that being said I have new respect for Jones as he did show his heart, he proved he is a champion.

My question is did it look like a jones win on T.V?

No you and the 15,000 fans who actually watched the fight live at the area without Joe Rogan screaming in their ears are wrong.

All the MMA media seem to be in lockstep that Jones won.

Plus Jones had Gus rocked for 1.5 minutes in the 4th so he clearly dominated Gus.

Plus the UFC released their updated stats which said that Jones actually landed more strikes, even though the early stats had Gus with almost 100 more strikes.

Jones clearly won.

/sarcasm

Seriously it looked like a clear Gus win on the TV. Gus was dominating the standup all night.

was the crowd getting pissed during the Carmont fight?

how would you rate the event as a whole.

and on tv, Jon won 48-47 at worst.

No you and the 15,000 fans who actually watched the fight live at the area without Joe Rogan screaming in their ears are wrong.

Plus Jones had Gus rocked for 1.5 minutes in the 4th so he clearly dominated Gus.

Plus the UFC released their updated stats which said that Jones actually landed more strikes, even though the early stats had Gus with almost 100 more strikes.

Jones clearly won.

/sarcasm

Seriously it looked like a clear Gus win on the TV. Gus was dominating the standup all night.

Nike needs to release a Media Knows shirt.

Jones clearly won.

/sarcasm

Nah Gus and his 76 inch reach and his 81.5 inch reach and his 79 inch reach could not touch Jones. The UFC wouldn't lie about stats nor would they want Jones to win or anything. Not like he has endorsement deals or was marketed non-stop or anything.

Corn to the core. Rinse. Repeat. LoL saying businesses have interests = conspiracy.

Gus won round 1, rounds 2 and 3 were close, Bones won 4 and 5. Bones' faced looked really bad.

Jones clearly won.

/sarcasm

I usually defend the commentary, but JoRo was being a little weird tonight.

In the third, when Jones looked like he might lose, Goldberg and he started talking Jon's toe and how maybe it was still injured.

It felt a little 'Company Man'-ish.

But either way it was a great fight, and I have no problem with either guy winning.

I was there live. Thought it was close. Gun to my head I would pick jones. Amazing night of fights tho

was the crowd getting pissed during the Carmont fight?

how would you rate the event as a whole.

and on tv, Jon won 48-47 at worst.

The crowd was funny during carmont fight. They would be boo the stalling but cheered every takedown (they should have figured it would lead to stalling)

The event as a whole I loved it. Had an amazing time. The main event was amazing. Idk if you could tell but the place was going nuts.

Main event was looking so close live. The people in my area thought jones won but they were American I think and I'm not sure if it was a locality thing. The sweeden crowd wasn't too far away

Must have rocked to see that fight live. I'll watch the fight tomorrow and score the rounds, but right after I thought it could have gone either way.

The crowd was funny during carmont fight. They would be boo the stalling but cheered every takedown (they should have figured it would lead to stalling)

The event as a whole I loved it. Had an amazing time. The main event was amazing. Idk if you could tell but the place was going nuts.

Main event was looking so close live. The people in my area thought jones won but they were American I think and I'm not sure if it was a locality thing. The sweeden crowd wasn't too far away

that is funny.

and yes you could see the crowd going nuts during the Jones/Gus fight.

i fell asleep during the Carmont fight, how was it received live?

Surprisingly well actually, I mean I don't think anyone was actually getting pumped and really only started getting mad at the end. This fight the Toronto crowd was surprisingly respectful, to a point it felt like what they talk about in Japan, the standing ovations after every round of the main was something special.

I would say the Jury vs Ricci fight was worse

It seemed at first no one wanted to boo Ricci but at the end he was getting it, I actually think he may have lost some Canadian fans like myself, which for a Canadian athlete is hard to do

Surprisingly well actually, I mean I don't think anyone was actually getting pumped and really only started getting mad at the end. This fight the Toronto crowd was surprisingly respectful, to a point it felt like what they talk about in Japan, the standing ovations after every round of the main was something special.

I think seeing George's helped. He got a pretty good cheer. I'll agree about the crowd, felt different this time for me.

Do you know if it was it sold out?

I also was there, and I agree with OP I had it 48-47 Gus... Crowd felt the same way with the boo's... Gus won everyone over, this will be huge for his career...

I hope we see a rematch, make it in Sweden though lol Gus deserves it...

Horseshit decision though, 49-46 WHAT FIGHT ARE YOU WATCHING CRAZY JUDGE?!

I usually defend the commentary, but JoRo was being a little weird tonight.

In the third, when Jones looked like he might lose, Goldberg and he started talking Jon's toe and how maybe it was still injured.

It felt a little 'Company Man'-ish.

But either way it was a great fight, and I have no problem with either guy winning.

I bought the fight radio to listen to the guys at some points but it was so loud I could barely hear them

I also was there, and I agree with OP I had it 48-47 Gus... Crowd felt the same way with the boo's... Gus won everyone over, this will be huge for his career...

I hope we see a rematch, make it in Sweden though lol Gus deserves it...

Horseshit decision though, 49-46 WHAT FIGHT ARE YOU WATCHING CRAZY JUDGE?!

I felt like the crowd loved jones. Maybe I got a different vibe being in the area I was in

I felt like the crowd loved jones. Maybe I got a different vibe being in the area I was in

Yeah the loved Jones and booed Alex, but started cheering for Alex midway through the fight...

Back