I just finished watching the show Smallville...

Yeah, the DCAU had a lot funny and memorable moments like that.
It's a shame that the DCEU couldn't have been more like the DCAU.
I would love to characters/Teams like The Question, Batman Beyond, Legion of Superheroes
and others show up on the big screen.

Good call on an evil hulk. Its funny, I remember Lex murdered his parents to start his Lexcorp in the comics. I believe this was the first time we saw his dad make his debut. Lana Lang got way too much screen time and the love story went for way too damn long which got on my nerves.

One minor character I liked was the dude that was supposedly dead and a doppelganger was found to torment Lex Luthor. This was when Lex was a good guy. I forgot the episode, it feels so hazy but I really enjoyed it because it felt like crime mystery episode.
Yeah, I thought it was appropriate considering the fact that Doomsday is often compared to The Hulk.
I love what they did with Lionel Luthor in the show. Before Smallville, Lex's parents were just minor characters that Lex had killed for the insurance money. In the show Lionel was a much more developed and well written character. In fact they reused Lex's origin story from the comics as Lionel's backstary in the show. Which is appropriate because in a lot of ways Lionel was a precursor to the kind of man Lex would become in the future.
Yep, I got annoyed with Lana's character after a while too. And the whole "will they, won't they" thing with Clark and Lana got old after around season 5 or so. Especially since everyone knew that their relationship couldn't last because Clark was eventually going to end up with Lois anyway. I didn't absolutely hate Lana the same way some fans did, and I do like the idea of Clark Kent having a love interest before he meets Lois Lane, but like you said Lana got way too much screen time and her relationship with Clark really overstayed its welcome after a while.
Yeah, that's one of the great things about Smallville. It had a lot of fun episodes like that.

I would love to characters/Teams like The Question, Batman Beyond, Legion of Superheroes
and others show up on the big screen.
Same, especially The Question. He is so underrated.
As much as I love Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Green Arrow, the lesser known DC heroes like The Question, Doctor Fate, Booster Gold, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkman and Hawkgirl deserve some screen time too.
Edit: Okay, so I know Black Canary was in Birds of Prey, but from what I understand (I haven't seen the movie yet) she was barely in the movie and it was mostly about Harley Quinn anyway. So I stand by what I said.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought it was appropriate considering the fact that Doomsday is often compared to The Hulk.
I love what they did with Lionel Luthor in the show. Before Smallville, Lex's parents were just minor characters that Lex had killed for the insurance money. In the show Lionel was a much more developed and well written character. In fact they reused Lex's origin story from the comics as Lionel's backstary in the show. Which is appropriate because in a lot of ways Lionel was a precursor to the kind of man Lex would become in the future.
Yep, I got annoyed with Lana's character after a while too. And the whole "will they, won't they" thing with Clark and Lana got old after around season 5 or so. Especially since everyone knew that their relationship couldn't last because Clark was eventually going to end up with Lois anyway. I didn't absolutely hate Lana the same way some fans did, and I do like the idea of Clark Kent having a love interest before he meets Lois Lane, but like you said Lana got way too much screen time and her relationship with Clark really overstayed its welcome after a while.
Yeah, that's one of the great things about Smallville. It had a lot of fun episodes like that.

Lana was too doomy gloomy and got way too much air time. As you mentioned, they were not meant for each other and so it was pointless to make the whole thing suspenseful because we already knew about Lois lane.

Damn they were so many great minor villains. Kid that collected bugs, the doppelganger in the diner that an enemy of Lex hired to fuck with his head. Also felt bad for Whitney and how things ended with him. Got taken out a bit too fast and could have kept him alive when Clark was dabbling in college ball. Also Morgan Edge was a good villain as well. I liked the first actor better.

Also like to see them make a horror movie with
The Creature Commandos

Y’all making me want to watch some smallville.

I stopped watching around season 4-5 so I never saw how the show ended.

Rosenbaugh played a great Lex.

I used to have a crush on Chloe. Never cared for Lana.

Lana was too doomy gloomy and got way too much air time. As you mentioned, they were not meant for each other and so it was pointless to make the whole thing suspenseful because we already knew about Lois lane.

Damn they were so many great minor villains. Kid that collected bugs, the doppelganger in the diner that an enemy of Lex hired to fuck with his head. Also felt bad for Whitney and how things ended with him. Got taken out a bit too fast and could have kept him alive when Clark was dabbling in college ball. Also Morgan Edge was a good villain as well. I liked the first actor better.
Yeah, it was annoying how Lana constantly distrusted and doubted Clark, to the point that she even trusted Lex over Clark. Even though she knew what a lying, manipulative asshole Lex could be at that point. I just wanted to shake Lana and say to her "what the fuck Lana"? when that was happening.
At some point I wish that Clark and Lana would have realized that they weren't meant to be together and decided to just be friends like Clark and Chloe did.
Actually I'm surprised the writers didn't explore Clark and Chloe's relationship more than they did. The acactors did have a lot of chemistry together. Although in retrospect, it's probably for the best that they didn't go down that route considering what happened to Allison Mack in real life.
The bug boy was my favorite minor villain because he was basically an evil Spider-Man/Peter Parker doppelganger (Smallville had a lot of evil versions of Marvel heroes now that I think about it lol) and he was one of the few one time villains to find redemption in the end. I also liked the guy who stole Clark's powers, because that was the first time that the series showed us what Clark could have been like if he was raised by anyone else besides the Kents.
That's how good Smallville's writing is. The douchebag bully character from the pilot episode Whitney became a character that was actually well written and developed. To the point that you actually cared about him and felt sorry for him. In most shows a character like Whitney would be completely one-dimensional and unlikeable, but not Smallville. And that's why it's a great show.
I liked Morgan Edge too, I didn't really care for the second actor though. I never really bought that he was supposed to be the same character that we saw before.

Y’all making me want to watch some smallville.

I stopped watching around season 4-5 so I never saw how the show ended.

Rosenbaugh played a great Lex.

I used to have a crush on Chloe. Never cared for Lana.
What are you waiting for my dude? Go watch it.
Now is the perfect time with the Coronavirus debacle that is going on at the moment.

The cast is the heart of the show and is what made Smallville so successful, in my opinion. Kristin Kreuk's preternatural looks got me hooked into watching it initially; Tom Welling also had model good-looks--and they are what really drew in the teenage fanbase, giving the shows its high ratings in the first season. When the two leads are physically attractive, people tend to overlook bad acting and writing, where their lack of acting experience clearly showed at times. Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover helped bring the show to a higher level in the acting department; where Kreuk and Welling appealed to the eyes/heart, they appealed to the brain/intellect.

John Schneider and Annette O'Toole captured that true family spirit, with motherly-fatherly support/bonding that seems to be missing in a lot of kids lives nowadays. Allison Mack brought energy and charisma to the character Chloe, making her a lot more interesting than she would've otherwise been. And casting Pete Ross as black instead of white (as he was in the comics), helped appeal to the diversity crowd.

Overall, the cast created good chemistry, overshadowing any flaws. Those that fit the outsider profile would also find reciprocity with Clark Kent, and the growing pains that come with being a socially-awkward teenager. The way it tied into the human experience in a relatable way, in spite of his alien heritage, was really well-written. I found the music to be very fitting, and complemented the scenes with emotional depth. The show also introduced me to songs that I would never have found or took an interest in otherwise.

The writing started to get noticeably worse around the 3rd season. Around the 5th season is when I stopped watching, since I felt the show had already fulfilled its purpose and was moving too far away from its roots. They probably should've changed the name of the show to "Metropolis" after a certain point, once Smallville was no longer the focus.

Back