I just can't see McGegor winning.

Jim Gleason

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight. Heck I don't even like the Diaz Brothers. I think Nate may even take less damage this time. Diaz will outbox him and if he happens to get him down he will sub him. I just don't know what McGregor can do different. He won't be more patient because that's just not him. He will try and press and maybe land a few but we he starts to get tagged by Diaz and then out trash talked McGregor is going to fold.

The Diaz brothers are not the brightest stars in the sky, but they do have high fight iq's. They also have a lot of heart.

I just see Diaz winning. McGregor will go back to FW and stay.

Just my opinion. Just don't know what McGregor can do different to win.

You find out next Saturday why people like Conor and why the believe hes a unique fighter. I have a smile on my face when he beats Nate..

I have no dog in this fight. Heck I don't even like the Diaz Brothers. I think Nate may even take less damage this time. Diaz will outbox him and if he happens to get him down he will sub him. I just don't know what McGregor can do different. He won't be more patient because that's just not him. He will try and press and maybe land a few but we he starts to get tagged by Diaz and then out trash talked McGregor is going to fold.

The Diaz brothers are not the brightest stars in the sky, but they do have high fight iq's. They also have a lot of heart.

go watch the first fight. conor CAN definitely win

Striking is relatively equal. Ground Diaz. Heart Diaz. Chin Diaz. Stamina Diaz. Intangibles Diaz. Mouth McPanic. McGregor is elite at 145, he is a nobody at 155 and that is just the way it is. I hope he takes a real fight at 170 with a true WW so we can see what happens when the mouth writes a check the body can't cash. Woodley, GSP, Lawler, Wonderboy, Condit, etc. might actually kill McPanic.

Last edited:
Conor will definitely come strong. He is a legitimate threat to anybody under 170 because of his precision punching and notable power, especially in the left hand. But Nate has already experienced both and never came close to wilting. I just don't see Conor being able to discourage Nate. Also, Nate traditionally gets stronger as the fight goes on. He has great cardio. Conor is a tremendous athlete with amazing striking skills, but he has not been in the type of five-round grinds that Nate has. Nate can bang and grind for five rounds. I don't think Conor can.

I'm not really sure. I hope Nate wins. Sorry @MayhemMonkey919. You're still my boy. That's why I love this shit. You never know. Like they say in NFL football. Any given Sunday..

Jesus. You couldnt have posted that in one of the other 786237847364081265891620562065092365091265 Mcgregor threads that have been posted this last month?

Conor will put some sugar on Nate's head

Unless it's a worked shoot for the trilogy, Conor will tap to strikes this time.

Conor will definitely come strong. He is a legitimate threat to anybody under 170 because of his precision punching and notable power, especially in the left hand. But Nate has already experienced both and never came close to wilting. I just don't see Conor being able to discourage Nate. Also, Nate traditionally gets stronger as the fight goes on. He has great cardio. Conor is a tremendous athlete with amazing striking skills, but he has not been in the type of five-round grinds that Nate has. Nate can bang and grind for five rounds. I don't think Conor can.

Conor took Nate for granted last time you think hes not prepared for a guy whos that durable? Everything about hes camp was getting himself ready for a war. Conor got caught when he tired and fought dumb, he did not think Nate had a power to shake him. Conor will not be as open to that left as he was before just watch i bet hes defense on the night will be excellent and he be sharp and have cardio. A Conor that can do 5 rounds is world of hurt for Nate.

let them bang and grind then bra

Most people don't see him winning...but there are a few who are ready to gamble their first born and swear Conor will get revenge with a dedicated game plan....yet Conor's whole shtick has always been "it doesn't matter". I just see a huge gamble leaning that way. Nate by late 3rd or early 4th round tko, he'll carry him for a couple rounds and everyone will talk about how amazing it was how the "FW" champ hung with a "cut to WW" fighter lol same shit, different day...sell sell sell

Barring a single punch KO (unlikely but possible against someone with a good chin and underrated defense); the only way McGregor can win is if he completely changes his fighting style. It's possible, Barrera shocked everyone against Hamed, but not common.

You find out next Saturday why people like Conor and why the believe hes a unique fighter. I have a smile on my face when he beats Nate..
"Unique Fighter"? I believe his entire gimmick is unique but as far as a fighter it's nothing Nate cannot handle.

The McGregor fans seem to be clinging to this mystique he has that is going to get him a win, but when the cage door closes he has to be better than a bigger, tougher, more durable fighter and I just don't see it.

Unless it's a worked shoot for the trilogy, Conor will tap to strikes this time.
I can definitely see that happening. It likely would have happened in the first fight if not for Conor's desperation takedown attempt. I think the end was near if Conor continued to trade with Nate...and Conor knew it.

Barring a single punch KO (unlikely but possible against someone with a good chin and underrated defense); the only way McGregor can win is if he completely changes his fighting style. It's possible, Barrera shocked everyone against Hamed, but not common.
Wow! Barrera v. Hamed. Great fight.

Back