I hope Tony derails Khabib's retirement plans

Different time period and different organization that went bankrupt long ago. Once the UFC took over as the only org that really mattered, yea title defenses and resume matter. Think about this, and I'm not trying to be a dick, how many Top 5 wins does Khabib have? 1? 2? GSP almost has more Top 5 wins than Anderson Silva and Fedor combined. His resume is so far above anyone else its ridiculous. GSP fought in 15 title fights, his entire career was only 28 fights, let that sink in some.
yeah and I am talking about Khabib having a win over GSP which will be huge on top of being undefeated for 10 years. GSP got his shit pushed in twice too and was never undefeated like Khabib and Fedor was. And different organization doesn't mean Fedor gets praised for it, it shouod be opposite as Khabib is undefeated in UFC and outside of it. Khabib still has to beat Ferg and GSP but if he does he is unquestionably GOAT for me. RDA, Conor, Ferg and GSP will be greater than anything anybody else has done in mma on top of never getting beat by any man ever.

Where was this title defense criteria when Fedor was considered GOAT? Nobody ever brought up his title defenses. Tons of fighters have title defense streaks out there. Tell me one fighter that is 10 years undefeated? Not a single one. That is what GOAT is. Nobody ever beat him. Fedor is the only one who ruled undefeated for 10 years and Jones is close ignoring his NC and DQ but he is on PED's. Khabib beating 3 greatest LW's of his time in RDA, Conor and Ferg would be bigger than some title defenses against mediocre competition. And if he beats GSP, there is zero doubt he is the best fighter we've ever seen.
Listen brother, I have zero problem with calling Fedor the GOAT. He ran through multiple ufc champions/contenders. His run included killers. I will rephrase how I feel about Khabib. He has not fought enough top level guys yet to be in the discussion. If he beats Ferguson, GSP, and another upper echelon contender, then he’s right in the talks. I agree, within reason, title defenses don’t always equate greatness. Just hoping the guys fights some more killers in mma before hanging it up. Fighting Floyd is irrelevant.

Listen brother, I have zero problem with calling Fedor the GOAT. He ran through multiple ufc champions/contenders. His run included killers. I will rephrase how I feel about Khabib. He has not fought enough top level guys yet to be in the discussion. If he beats Ferguson, GSP, and another upper echelon contender, then he’s right in the talks. I agree, within reason, title defenses don’t always equate greatness. Just hoping the guys fights some more killers in mma before hanging it up. Fighting Floyd is irrelevant.
Very reasonable stance. We are on the same page.

Back