I hope to see more Sat afternoon cards

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
When I heard that Mendes v Lamas was gonna be @ noon, I was estatic. I always wondered why the UFC didnt do this with Fight Night cards. To me, nothing would sound better than getting all your stuff done Sat morning and then tune in to watch some fights when you're done. I hope this trend continues and its not a one time thing.

I don't. Day drinking isn't as fun as it used to be.

Great for Europeans too, cos here its on at 6pm whereas normally we'd have to stay up to 3am for the main card.

It's good for you, apparently living in line with Virginia time zone (UTC-5 / UTC-4). Now imagine how good it is for us, Europeans! Generally, to watch UFC / Bellator events, we have to either ruin our sleep by watching till late night or skip prelims. For that matter, I'm very happy when they go ouside of USA/Brazil because they usually adjust to local time (not for UFC on Fox 13, unfortunately).

I would not expect this often for event locations in the USA, barring crazy viewing numbers.

The only reason they are trying this is to avoid airing during the NCAA Final Four, which will tip-off the first semi-final at around 5:00 EST or so on that day. Second game will start around 8:00p EST.

I like the early events too. that's gonna be a good day. I can watch the UFC early, and then i'll still have time to pretend I have a social life at night.

Noon est or pst?
Either way I dont see it bringing great ratings
A lotta people spend Saturdays running errands or doing family things and then watching the fights in the evening when theyre done
And its 9 am pacific then thats just stupid as fuck

Now that the UFC doesn't have college football to compete with I think it would be great to have early mma fights. If the nfl can have games start at 1 pm est time and not worry about bad rattings not sure why the UFC can't . If the UFC can't compete with a regular season MLB game I don't know what to say?

99% chance I will be attending this as its about a 15 minute ride from my apartment. I like the idea of more day time fight night cards. I've been much busier as I've gotten older and as a result had to skip a lot of the less stacked cards for other obligations.

The UFC is great for people that can't sleep. Either the fights end at 1 am est or you have to stay up to 4 am or later in Europe . It seems like to be a mma fan you have to enjoy staying up to weird hours of the night.

Back