I hope they start deducting points for all this hugging

How about a hard slap right on the face during the second hug attempt, I think that would be ok too and completely hilarious, KZ didn't grow up where I did though lol.

Like a Stockton slap hahaha that would jokes and effective

As someone who has competed, I've always hated this practice along with touching gloves during the fight because it breaks a fighter's focus and rhythm but is considered "classless" if you don't go along with it.

I like Yair and I've been trying to tell people since the fight was announced that he's underrated and is dangerous for KZ but this is what distresses me about the fight and how it unfolded.

It was the THIRD time in the 5th round alone that this happened. All initiated by Yair.

The person who initiates it always has the advantage in this situation. It's like saying "Time out. Don't hit me right now or that's bad sportsmanship. Now that you've let up for me to mentally catch up while I take a moment away from YOUR focus, Time in." THREE TIMES in the 5th round alone.

Right before the stalling, KZ's approach was completely different than after. He had just thrown a punch and was carefully pressing Yair (not chasing) and was measured and focused. Then Yair initiates the stalling and KZ is too classy to hit him in that moment. It's no surprised that after the "RESET" Yair threw an aggressive combo.

I've been saying the whole time that Yair is way better than most people give him credit for but how that went down, still has me in "WTF" mode. Maybe I have OCD but I would have preferred Yair to win without all the shenanigans. I really feel for KZ. Can't think of a worse way to lose and that KO is the type that fighters are never the same after but I hope I'm wrong about this. Unfortunately that means KZ is going to have to take ANOTHER long layoff to recover.

I hope next time someone tries to initiate one of these the other fighter pops them with a jab. Hopefully this stupid "gesture" ends. They'll probably get grief from the dummies that call it "classless" though. Even worse is that touching gloves and other such gestures are "customs and unwritten rules" in martial arts and amongst fighters. You may not understand if you've not trained but "respect" is big in martial arts gyms because it's what keeps fighters egos in check and draws a line between training and trying to kill each other. Respect in the gym is needed but I digress.

Anyway, that's my rant. Go ahead and flame me but I'd love to hear a discussion. What do you guys think about all this?
Agreed

Yair ruined to the whole fight with that arms up bullshit and hugs I don't consider that fight a real win for him.

I can’t believe people really feel that effected the ending HE LOOKED AT THE CLOCK AND KNEW HE HAD 10 seconds left he could of just played defense and won but no he made the decision to charge forward like he was all fight long and got caught it had nothing to do with the respect

When guys break their focus, they make bad decisions. It's why finishes like Sterling/Moraes happen after a brief pause in the action. In this situation, it just happened because of Yair's faux-sportsmanship to keep himself in the fight.

KZ spent almost the entire fight only charging forward after he had landed something of significance, when he knew Yair was backtracking and not totally prepared to counter with a hard shot. Then in the final seconds after another ridiculous pause, he inexplicably rushes at a dangerous striker even though he hadn't landed anything to allow himself that sort of leeway to be aggressive. It was predictable and absolutely the entire reason he lost the fight.

No problem with doing it at the start of the last round, mid fight/round is absolute garbage and should be penalized IMO for refusing to engage. If that was me and my opponent did that he’d be getting an overhand right coming back. Hell even playing in old man sports leagues it’s strictly business/competition in the field of play , we can be cool later .

Yeah I agree. The hug at the very start of the round after four rounds of a back and forth firefight, that's completely fine. Stopping multiple times in the middle of the round to hug and showboat is stupid, it's a fight dude. You're wasting fight time, disrupting the flow of the fight, persuading your opponent into doing the same. KZ looked confused.

I like Yair but I wouldn't have minded seeing him cracked on the chin for that nonsense.

00:30

Fuckin Paco taught me as a kid to never make friendly with your opponent. Look at that fiendish twitch his head does, as he revels in his treachery.
When I wrestled in highschool, I didn't talk to my opponents for shit before a match. Probably because I subconsciously thought they'd sneak me like Paco did Frank Dux
<{cruzshake}>

agreed TS. effective, total dick move by yair. KZ in addition to going along with it gave Yair a break earlier on an inadvertent possible nut shot. just kind of shows that KZ is a good dude that loves fighting and Yair is a little more serious in the cage.

Another problem Floyd Mayweather knows exactly how to handle...

yvzz03q8zajz.gif
Idk man. That shit is fucked up.

Not for it.

Clearly Mayweather leaned in for the hug... and then attacked.

Mayweather shouldve said, dont hug me, keep fighting.

Not hug him and then cheap shot him.
That's what we love, bro. That show of class and sportsmanship in an organized brawl.

I'm with Diaz who slapped Scott Smith's hand away. "We're not fuckin friends. This is a fight and you might seriously hurt me. I don't need to have PDAs with you in here" (not that Nick said that).

A part of me maybe doesn't even wanna see them fight once they start that shit. Hug and then fight? I don't get it.
It's not classless to not touch gloves. The only thing that is is to fake a glove touch to then hit. But if a fighter's mindset is "fuck this guy until the fight is over" that makes as much or more sense than "hug this guy until the fight is over"

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
Honestly it's KZ's fault for playing into yair's hand and giving him breaks whenever he puts his hands up to the crowd or goes to touch gloves. Yair manipulated him by creating this sportsmanship, friendly narrative and using it whenever he needed a second to get his wits about him. KZ can't blame anyone but himself for falling for it, shouldve pretended to go for a hug and then knocked yair out with a hook, that's what I wouldv'e done if some guy is playing the sportsmanship card with me in a fight. Then tell em Protect yourself at all times mutha fuka!

As someone who has competed, I've always hated this practice along with touching gloves during the fight because it breaks a fighter's focus and rhythm but is considered "classless" if you don't go along with it.

I like Yair and I've been trying to tell people since the fight was announced that he's underrated and is dangerous for KZ but this is what distresses me about the fight and how it unfolded.

It was the THIRD time in the 5th round alone that this happened. All initiated by Yair.

The person who initiates it always has the advantage in this situation. It's like saying "Time out. Don't hit me right now or that's bad sportsmanship. Now that you've let up for me to mentally catch up while I take a moment away from YOUR focus, Time in." THREE TIMES in the 5th round alone.

Right before the stalling, KZ's approach was completely different than after. He had just thrown a punch and was carefully pressing Yair (not chasing) and was measured and focused. Then Yair initiates the stalling and KZ is too classy to hit him in that moment. It's no surprised that after the "RESET" Yair threw an aggressive combo.

I've been saying the whole time that Yair is way better than most people give him credit for but how that went down, still has me in "WTF" mode. Maybe I have OCD but I would have preferred Yair to win without all the shenanigans. I really feel for KZ. Can't think of a worse way to lose and that KO is the type that fighters are never the same after but I hope I'm wrong about this. Unfortunately that means KZ is going to have to take ANOTHER long layoff to recover.

I hope next time someone tries to initiate one of these the other fighter pops them with a jab. Hopefully this stupid "gesture" ends. They'll probably get grief from the dummies that call it "classless" though. Even worse is that touching gloves and other such gestures are "customs and unwritten rules" in martial arts and amongst fighters. You may not understand if you've not trained but "respect" is big in martial arts gyms because it's what keeps fighters egos in check and draws a line between training and trying to kill each other. Respect in the gym is needed but I digress.

Anyway, that's my rant. Go ahead and flame me but I'd love to hear a discussion. What do you guys think about all this?
I am in 100% agreement with you. As someone that competes, I’d say it’s a bitch move used to catch a breather or calm down your opponent’s aggression. Yair’s gesturing definitely sent the wrong message to KZ and he was visibly confused, like “are we coasting?” Then Yair started slugging and pulled KZ in.

When guys break their focus, they make bad decisions. It's why finishes like Sterling/Moraes happen after a brief pause in the action. In this situation, it just happened because of Yair's faux-sportsmanship to keep himself in the fight.

KZ spent almost the entire fight only charging forward after he had landed something of significance, when he knew Yair was backtracking and not totally prepared to counter with a hard shot. Then in the final seconds after another ridiculous pause, he inexplicably rushes at a dangerous striker even though he hadn't landed anything to allow himself that sort of leeway to be aggressive. It was predictable and absolutely the entire reason he lost the fight.
I think you’re overthinking it he knew there was 10 seconds left and had time to think about what he wanted to do and decided to throw down. Yair threw strikes KZ didn’t get touched and charged forward and BAM elbowed to sleep in the final exchange

That was a fucking awesome fight and amazing KO by Yair but that dude paused the fight for hugs and high fives four times in the last two rounds.

You should get in the cage and stop him from doing it.

I think you’re overthinking it he knew there was 10 seconds left and had time to think about what he wanted to do and decided to throw down. Yair threw strikes KZ didn’t get touched and charged forward and BAM elbowed to sleep in the final exchange

I think you're underthinking it, if you can't see that repeatedly breaking mental focus in a fight had an effect on KZ's decision-making.

Not for it.

The knockout after the hug on its own looks scummy now, but I remember watching it live, it was the most satisfying thing ever, Ortiz had headbutted him like 3 times, 2 of them being very blatant, and in the last one he had literally dived into his face with his forehead.

I think you're underthinking it, if you can't see that repeatedly breaking mental focus in a fight had an effect on KZ's decision-making.
Watch the fight again KZ was starting to grin and smile the last 25 seconds and Yair reciprocated that by putting his hands up and KZ put his hands up too he decided to look at the clock and take a break he thought about what he wanted to do and threw down if anything he lost focus on his own and started smiling showing Yair yeah let’s have fun

Not for it.

It was retaliation for a blatant headbutt.

mVsFu.gif

Watch the fight again KZ was starting to grin and smile the last 25 seconds and Yair reciprocated that buy putting his hands up and KZ put his hands up too he decided to look at the clock and take a break he thought about what he wanted to do and threw down if anything he lost focus on his own and started smiling showing Yair yeah let’s have fun

Yair had been the one initiating those displays all throughout the fight, which clearly had an effect on KZ's approach. You're making my argument for me.

Yair had been the one initiating those displays all throughout the fight, which clearly had an effect on KZ's approach. You're making my argument for me.
No disrespect but I’m going to agree to disagree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back