I hope that cro cop marks this baruto guy

I think the fight will be similar to Mirko vs. Overeem minus all the low blows.

If grappling with Lawal tired out CC, I can only imagine what it will be like with Baruto. Being gassed out, he won't be able to land strikes with a lot behind them.

If I were to guess how Cro Cop would win it would be to land some 1-2 combination right at the start of the fight or the start of the 2nd round. Other than that, I don't see what he can do; he's only gonna wind up on his back.

and Cro Cop is a huge step up from the guys fat boy has faced.

Baruto is fat as fk, he will tire out even faster.

This is a very interesting fight. If Baruto can keep getting a hold of Cro Cop he can definitely win this fight. If not, if Cro Cop can stay away from him and land kicks and punches on the feet, I could see him finishing Baruto, especially after Baruto tires. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

CC has a legitimate chance to actually land the LHK in this fight

i think he should throw the body kick with full power to an opponent who probably cant move out of the way as his main game plan

cant wait to see what happens
Here's a crazy thought

RIGHT body kick. I think it's crazy enough to work

I dunno, Burito beat Aerts, Fujita and Kosaka. They are all (exactly) 46, that's old even compared to Mirko. And all of them combined haven't faced anyone half decent in years. The only way Baruto wins this is if he falls on CroCop and something breaks.

Crop Cop still has that power and old man strength. I think he will win this fight.

There is no stopping BARUTO.

@Mixfight Aerts another old K-1er didn't do so well against Karate Burrito and Cro Cop's new strategy seems more aimed at using his strength which will be a hard sell vs a 300lb Sumoa.
Still given his new muscles, lack of testing, and KB's slapping, top of the head punches I give this to C^2

C06IpHqUoAAKTpA.jpg:large

Will depend on how well Baruto can eat Cro Cop's strikes. I think there is no doubt that CC lands on Baruto multiple times, if Baruto can charge through the strikes and get the TD's he'll probably win, but there is also a good chance he succumbs to Cro Cop's power eventually.

Karate Burrito lays on you for 3RDs and you better call hospital. Guy is 2-3 weight classes above HW. And Cro Cop's BJJ doesn't get much past pulling guard.

Karate Burrito is also Judoka and Sumoa

That being said IDK it's only the guys second fight, he makes Big Country look skinny and can barely strike if he didn't have all the weight behind it.

I keep seeing people say CC should throw leg kicks and body kicks. That seems to me to be the worst thing to do. Baruto will charge and put CC down if he throws any kicks. The only thing that seems will work to me is CC has to throw that left straight and quickly circle away as Baruto comes in much like he did against Bob Sapp. I can see the leg kicks working later in the fight if Baruto gets tired and stops charging but all he has to is put his hand down and move forward and CC will be on the ground.

Cro cop beats that fat shit in a Rd. After his last 2 performances, anyone picking the sumo is an idiot or troll

Like I said in another thread, the outcome of this match will depend massively on whether the refs choose to selectively penalize Baruto's style of fighting as they did against Kohsaka, which is horrible from a competitive point of view. Of course a break is fine if he's in the corner throwing a knee every 2 minutes, but yesterday he was smashing Kohsaka with knees to the head in north/south and the ref called a stand up.

Like I said in another thread, the outcome of this match will depend massively on whether the refs choose to selectively penalize Baruto's style of fighting as they did against Kohsaka, which is horrible from a competitive point of view. Of course a break is fine if he's in the corner throwing a knee every 2 minutes, but yesterday he was smashing Kohsaka with knees to the head in north/south and the ref called a stand up.
Quick stand ups due to it only being 2 Rd. Action! Action!

This ain't ufc.

Or you can pretend they were trying to help tk, a tournament filler, over the sumo star who will be fighting for the next few years lol

You just compared a sumo to overeem. Think about that

No I didn't. I said (I think) the fights will play out the same.

The Mirko fight was the least Overeem-y of all Alistair fights.

Baruto is like Brock 2.0, but he can take a punch, and he can fight from several positions (instead of just half-guard)

Or you can pretend they were trying to help tk, a tournament filler, over the sumo star who will be fighting for the next few years lol

I think they wanted Baruto to fight like Mark Hunt, to give TK a chance to show off his warrior spirit, like he did against JT, Hunto, Sperry and others.

No I didn't. I said (I think) the fights will play out the same.

The Mirko fight was the least Overeem-y of all Alistair fights.

Baruto is like Brock 2.0, but he can take a punch, and he can fight from several positions (instead of just half-guard)

I think they wanted Baruto to fight like Mark Hunt, to give TK a chance to show off his warrior spirit, like he did against JT, Hunto, Sperry and others.
Lol wut

Quick stand ups due to it only being 2 Rd. Action! Action!

This ain't ufc.

It's neither. They didnt want to push part-time fighter injury replacement Kohsaka, and there was action, the same kind of action that ended up almost killing Sakuraba against Arona.

The correct answer, I think, is that there was the wrong kind of action for the tourney. It's NYE, and as such RIZIN wants the lowest, most vulgar kind of MMA action, standing and banging.
Which is their prerogative of course, but it is stupid to me to invite a 400lb sumo into your tournament and then be upset that he fights like a 400lb sumo, especially one that has to be ready to go 30 minutes in one night.

Back