I hope Rory McDonald is ok

Both will be cleared for contact sparring in 2 weeks. Was too much feeling out and waiting on the other.
they just contact sparred for 25 minutes. i’d clear em to go again later tonight.

Yeah, almost like orgs don't matter, but the fighters do.

You slowly starting to get it?

I'm getting it almost as well as Will Brooks, Askren, Lombard and Shields did. What did they all have in common? Double-digit win streaks because non-UFC orgs are just as good as the UFC...until you actually come there and fight.

I'm getting it almost as well as Will Brooks, Askren, Lombard and Shields did. What did they all have in common? Double-digit win streaks because non-UFC orgs are just as good as the UFC...until you actually come there and fight.

What are you even trying to prove here?

How many S-force guys became UFC champs?
How many guys from other WEC?

Plenty.

No shit the UFC is RIGHT NOW the deepest MMA org, and has been for a while. Doesn't mean there are not excellent fighters in other orgs.

Your devotion to defending the UFC roster is PATHETIC.

rorys wife is 10/10... rory hasn't been the same in his past fights but I thought for the million dollar prize he would make it happen. definitely wasn't 50-45 thou
Either 50-45 or 49-46. Rory didn't do anything in the fight and i'm not big on octagon control or aggression but in this fight Rory wouldn't engage aside from takedown attempts which all failed or clinches where he didn't strike. I would go 50-45 but would have to watch the 1st round again to make sure. All other rounds were easy Lima. Rory did nothing in that fight.

So we're playing MMA Math? Askren beat Lima easily and he just got finished twice in a row in the UFC (and came super close to getting finished in his first fight).
This version of Lima KO's Askren inside of 3 rounds.

Douglas Lima wouldn't be top 5 in the UFC.

What five welterweights in the UFC would you rank above him?

I'd be intrigued by bouts between Lima and any top level welterweight in the world. If he were matched up against Lawler, Covington, Usman, Wonderboy, Masvidal, or Woodley, I think all of those would be interesting and Lima could hold his own. Rematch against Askren would probably be unfair for Ben.

guy needs to hang em up ASAP before he gets hurt

If Religious Rory doesn't retire, his next opponents might turn him into Vegetable Rory.

Maybe, maybe not. He's not fighting any wrestlers of that caliber so we don't know.
They fought over 7 years ago. Lima is now in his prime and is a much better fighter. Askren is on the downside of his career and was fighting cans for years in ONE FC before he retired. He lost all 3 UFC fights (Lawler fight is number one bullshit....Thanks Herb). You might not know but I do. Lima wins easily by KO. This Askren isn't the same hungry one that beat a younger no wrestling and no takedown defense Lima.

It's so sad what happened to Rory finding Jesus and all that. You know someone has some demons when they think it's a good idea to become Christian as a full grown adult.

Douglas Lima wouldn't be top 5 in the UFC.

Aside from Usman - and maybe Colby via LnP - Lima would probably beat Edwards and RDA.

Masvidal would be a tough fight for both.

Collecting paychecks! he is fine! Coker will never fire these names because he thinks they are friends not employees!

Back