I hope Palhares gets KO'd in his next fight

lol I knew when I made that gif, it would be a thread starter!

I9lO.gif

Look at him giving that extra crank against Pierce, lookin directly at the ref after the taps.

Just as bad as hitting a fighter after the bell, it's despicable.
This guy has been fucking up other fighters careers for years too, doing this EXACT same thing.

I'm glad Dana has punished him.

It's not like hitting someone after the bell I think it's more along the lines of hitting a fighter after he's KO'd and ref is trying to pull you off ala Rampage vs Silva 3 he kept going and ref was trying to pull him off.

I wouldn't mind seeing his head getting bounced against the canvas again.

Lombard rematch @ 170?

Look at the replay.. Now imagine youre in phalafurus's place.. you're in a fight, you attempted a heel-hook a couple of seconds ago and your opponent escaped out of it.. your adrenaline is rushing, you attempt the heel-hook again and with full adrenaline rushing, the crowd screaming, and you're holding on to that heel with all your strength knowing that if he escapes again or you release it and the ref misses the tap and says to continue fighting you know you'd be in a situation where you're gassed out and could cost you the fight.. Are you going to release that submission once you feel a tap or until the ref says its over and you're sure??? Personally, I don't believe he held it for too long.. Now if the ref would have signaled its over and he holds it for another 5-10 secs and snaps his leg off, then yes that would warrant harsh consequences and a ban from MMA

Agree.

Looking at the replay, we can see:

4:32, Pierce taps;
4:30, the ref arrives
4:28, after seeing the ref, Toquinho let it go. (watch with a clock, it's just 2 seconds)

I don't think Toquinho held too long.

Created a short video of the submission (timecode added)

I would also like to add that I am neutral to the subject. I based the video on the rule/regulation found below.

http://www.ufc.ca/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations#13

"The referee is the sole arbiter of a contest and is the only individual authorized to stop a contest. The referee may take advice from the ringside physician and/or the Commission with respect to the decision to stop a contest."

[YT]lyMB5DhJ7Fw[/YT]

I think Torrenoi's video ends all the controversy. No way Toquinho held too long:

Created a short video of the submission (timecode added)

I would also like to add that I am neutral to the subject. I based the video on the rule/regulation found below.

http://www.ufc.ca/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations#13

"The referee is the sole arbiter of a contest and is the only individual authorized to stop a contest. The referee may take advice from the ringside physician and/or the Commission with respect to the decision to stop a contest."

[YT]lyMB5DhJ7Fw[/YT]

He may have a low iq, but sorry, anyone with that high level of submssions and bjj expertise has to know when someone is tapping. I wonder what his defense is in this. Has he ever commented on this issue?

No submission is as dangerous if held longer than a heel hook.

1+ seconds and an extra torque is all you need.

It's not about how long he held it, really. This kind of submission is nothing like a choke. You can't even compare the two.

The bottom line is - he cranked the guys knee even after he tapped and the ref touched him.

No submission is as dangerous if held longer than a heel hook.

1+ seconds and an extra torque is all you need.

It's not about how long he held it, really. This kind of submission is nothing like a choke. You can't even compare the two.

The bottom line is - he cranked the guys knee even after he tapped and the ref touched him.

actually, the ref diving into the action is what makes it seem like he's cranking it a second time.

go to around 0:10 of the video

[YT]lyMB5DhJ7Fw[/YT]

Im actually not even sure he gets another fight. But the more he does this the more he gains an unfair advantage, the second he gets a hold of most guys legs they are just gonna tap.

actually, the ref diving into the action is what makes it seem like he's cranking it a second time.

go to around 0:10 of the video

[YT]lyMB5DhJ7Fw[/YT]

I'm so sick of facts and evidence.

Bumping this thread for relevancy.

Thank goodness this goof isn't in the UFC anymore.

Back