I hope Palhares gets KO'd in his next fight

bunch of racist babies in here.

if an american had done such a thing and/or did it again last night, it would hardly get nearly the same amount of protests and anger we're seeing in here.

lol at palhares is a bad person. sherdog, the good morale centre of the web.

you guys are despicable.

Stupidest post of the day. And Brazilian is not a race.

Royce Gracie did the same thing but nobody ever mentions it.

First of all, if Royce had done it repeatedly, I think you would have heard more about it.

Secondly, if I remember correctly, the time the Royce did this was after Shamrock had tapped and then tried to deny that he had tapped and keep fighting after Royce let go. Not to mention that it was a choke that he didn't let go of... not a leg lock.

I'm not condoning Royce's actions... but all things considered, it was much more understandable and a much less dangerous submission.

Palhares' multiple offenses and the inherent danger in the holds that he specializes in are what make his offenses so note worthy and despicable. I think he is very talented and, from a skill perspective, definitely belongs in the UFC... but, if he can't control himself in there... I'd rather not see him fight.

jake shields poked gsps eye, held maias shorts last night and right after the ref told him to let go and both fighters were paying attention to the ref, shields punches him in the body RIGHT after letting go of his shorts, imo shields is the dirty fighter. palhares not letting go is disrespectful but doesn't actually help him win the fight in an unfair way. I didn't even think it was that bad neither did the person I was watching it with. maybe im just not seeing it but to me it looked like he let go right when he saw the ref on top of them

jake shields poked gsps eye, held maias shorts last night and right after the ref told him to let go and both fighters were paying attention to the ref, shields punches him in the body RIGHT after letting go of his shorts, imo shields is the dirty fighter. palhares not letting go is disrespectful but doesn't actually help him win the fight in an unfair way. I didn't even think it was that bad neither did the person I was watching it with. maybe im just not seeing it but to me it looked like he let go right when he saw the ref on top of them

I can understand your point. From that perspective, you are correct... the fight had already been won. So, there was nothing "unfair" about his win.

The reason you are seeing such a reaction is that while Jake Shields' infractions had more potential to impact the results of the fight, and were more under the category of "unfair"... his actions weren't as threatening to said fighters' careers. People bounce back from losses all the time... people don't come back after serious knee injuries all the time.

I'm not disagreeing with the points you've made... but I weight Palhares' actions much heavier than Shields'.

He can break all the limbs he wants to. That belt will never be his. Being a sadist doesn't make you a better fighter.

Seriously don't get what some people on here are thinking. Yes, they're in there to hurt each other, but Palhares blatantly ignores rules and refs on a consistent basis. You'd complain about a chop block because it's a penalty and can ruin a guy's ability to compete at all; this is the same thing. Equivalent to Koscheck - Daley IMO.

You're ok with fighters holding subs too long? Or wanting to put unnecessary injury even after a fighter taps?

You're a real tough guy, real "cool".

1.5 seconds after the ref stopped the fight 1.5! People are saying you're acting like a baby because you act like he Babalu'd him.

You're ok with fighters holding subs too long? Or wanting to put unnecessary injury even after a fighter taps?

You're a real tough guy, real "cool".

You don't let go until the ref stops the fight. Did he hold on to it that long after the ref jumped in? Just because the fighter taps doesn't mean the fight is over.

This is what sherdog looks like today

angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

Dafuq are we watching? Fighting or charades?

Fighters are going to get hurt unnecessarily because the goal in MMA is to hurt your opponent.:rolleyes:

That's a straw man argument. No one is complaining about fighter injuries that occur during fights.

Heel hooks arent like chokes or even arm bars. You can't be slow on releasing those and there isn't an excuse for him taking that long, especially with his past of doing it.

as far as the ending of the fight goes, heel hooks are like any other submission. put as much pressure on their limb to purposely try to break it until the ref jumps in. Just because the consequences of heel hooks are greater doesn't mean they should be treated differently.

this sport isn't for the feint of heart.

If you watch, he only gives it one good crank. Then the ref is in there and he lets go. Yes, it was slow, but not as bad as people say.

Sort of like when he submitted Drwal and Joe Rogan was counting to five as fast as he could during the slo-mo replay.

If TS wants to see Palhares knocked out, though, I'm sure Jake Ellenberger would comply.

oh please, why is everyone making a big deal over it?

it wasn't that bad. he deserves his SOTN bonus.

oh please, why is everyone making a big deal over it?

it wasn't that bad. he deserves his SOTN bonus.

agreed. I find it kind of bizarre. I think it has more to do with his reputation than what actually happened.

I like how Sherdog will want guys like Palhares' heads to roll but they will cry when someone like GSP doesn't break his opponent's arm.

Bunch of fickle fucking babies.

Funny thing is that every fighter in the Ufc that knows how to throw
a punch and don

Back