I hope Maximo Blanco gets his stuff together.

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
His last 2 fights despite one being a win were disappointing as a whole, I know he has the potential to be beastly. He seems to be holding back, but it might be the weight cut. If it is the weight cut it's unfortunate because I doubt he has as much of a chance as being a divisional threat at 155, but if he is just getting over "octagon jitters" still I think he can be top 10 by the end of 2014 at 145.

That being said Corssani is a tough draw when you are fighting for your job and I hope he can get past his foot work.

Octagon jitters don't take you from top 10 to scraping past TUF talent. If you think Akira Corassani is a tought draw for someone....they're never going to be top 10.

I think he only gets hype because he has a cool name.

Octagon jitters don't take you from top 10 to scraping past TUF talent. If you think Akira Corassani is a tought draw for someone....they're never going to be top 10.

So Matt Brown, Ross Pearson, Bisping, Rashad, etc etc aren't tough draws? People improve... think about it.

Some seasons of TUF were good, most were bad. They had some good talent the first few seasons, Rashad and Bisping fought each other in the finale ffs. Akira Corassani is no Michael Bisping or even Ross Pearson, that's for sure.

Also you can't etc etc over details that would give your argument any merit.

Some seasons of TUF were good, most were bad. They had some good talent the first few seasons, Rashad and Bisping fought each other in the finale ffs. Akira Corassani is no Michael Bisping or even Ross Pearson, that's for sure.

Also you can't etc etc over details that would give your argument any merit.

I'm not going to name all the TUF fighters that have done well... Don't need to argue with someone that doesn't think fighters improve.

Brown and Lytle are the best examples.... shitty records but top 10 and were both on TUF. Don't really like Akira but he could be there one day.

If you think Akira Corassani is a tought draw for someone....they're never going to be top 10.

I didn't think my personal views had so much power of fighters future careers...nice power to have I guess.

I think Jon Jones will NEVER win again!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! :icon_evil

You only mention fighters from like the first 3 seasons of TUF... lately most TUF winners are lucky to fight out their whole contract... let alone runners up and whatnot.

The point is still the same. Akira Corassani now is not a gatekeeper to the top10, 15, and probably not even top20. Who knows, maybe I'll be forced to eat his stupid hat one day, but I'm pretty confident he won't ever be either.

Maximo is a beast transitioning to a bigger stage and a new weight class he ahs done horrible things to people and his main problem in the UFC is clearly pulling the trigger. He has clearly powerful striking and above average wrestling and despite losing to Brimage he would've been a more dangerous fight for Connor than Brimage was in his debut.

That being said the he wasn't that speedy at 155 so his drop to 145 is sure to make things even harder on him thats why i think Cossasrani is a tough draw the guy isn't the greatest but he can cut an angle like a motherfucker and it might be a problem for Max if he can't get a hold of him.

Akira Corassani now is not a gatekeeper to the top10, 15, and probably not even top20. Who knows, maybe I'll be forced to eat his stupid hat one day, but I'm pretty confident he won't ever be either.

He just beat Robbie Peralta. You don't know who that is, do you?

You only mention fighters from like the first 3 seasons of TUF... lately most TUF winners are lucky to fight out their whole contract... let alone runners up and whatnot.

The point is still the same. Akira Corassani now is not a gatekeeper to the top10, 15, and probably not even top20. Who knows, maybe I'll be forced to eat his stupid hat one day, but I'm pretty confident he won't ever be either.

Brandao, McGee, Gastelum, Mutante, Parke

Sorry, got that Bisping/Rashad fight confused.

But I'm still not seeing it. None of those guys are top10 at least not yet.

So Matt Brown, Ross Pearson, Bisping, Rashad, etc etc aren't tough draws? People improve... think about it.

TUF talent = guys who come off of TUF and/or never beaten anyone who wasn't a TUF fighter.

Akira actually impressed in the Peralta fight. Much sharper than his TUF stint.

Brandao, McGee, Gastelum, Mutante, Parke

Exactly. Whittaker and Dodson too.

Even some of the runner ups from those seasons have done pretty well since TUF, like Dillashaw, Bermudez, Michael Johnson.

Even some of the runner ups from those seasons have done pretty well since TUF, like Dillashaw, Bermudez, Michael Johnson.

Even...*sigh* Schuab has had quite the career in the UFC, post runner up in TUF...man I hate Schuab,

Even...*sigh* Schuab has had quite the career in the UFC, post runner up in TUF...man I hate Schuab,

lol i know those feels bro

After that Metamoris BS and his reaction to it, I wanted Mitrione to win so bad. So bad.

But, I gotta give it to Schaub. He's doing well. And his Gracie Breakdown was kind of cool.

But his forehead is still annoyingly small.

Back