I hope Cruz and Garbrandt fight again next

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Cruz hasn’t looked good since his fight with TJ and Garbrandt has lost 3 in a row via Ko/tko
Prevailing thought is that Cruz doesn’t have the power to punish Garbrandt for the lack of fight iq

"Cruz hasn't looked good since his fight with TJ," obviously. He's only fought once since the TJ bout and that was the Cody loss. A rematch is unlikely. Cruz will try to edge his way into another title bout and Cody needs to build himself back up, not having won since the Cruz fight.

Cody has no business fighting anyone ranked next. He should be fighting someone in the 15-20 range after three consecutive KO losses.

"Cruz hasn't looked good since his fight with TJ," obviously. He's only fought once since the TJ bout and that was the Cody loss. A rematch is unlikely. Cruz will try to edge his way into another title bout and Cody needs to build himself back up, not having won since the Cruz fight.

He schooled faber after he fought TJ

Cruz will be next for Cejudo. I have zero doubts about that.

If you look at those who Henry called out cruz is the only one that actually comes close to being in line for it.

Last edited:
No way that fight happens again. Cruz is pretty much broken sadly and will probably never fight again. Cody needs to build himself back up and fight Jimmie Rivera or John Dodson next

That is a bad idea for Cruz. He has name value to get a higher profile fight. Cody might just beat himi again as its unlikely Cruz will KO Cody and Cody knows he can beat Cruz and will come in with confidence. I think Cruz should just wait for bigger fight opportunitities instead of taking this kind of fight. If he beats Cody, the win will not mean much given Cody's recent slide also. That would be 4 losses in a row and nothing for Cruz to be proud of really, in the eyes of critics.

Cruz' body in the last 2 years:
  1. Cruz revealed that he was plagued by plantar fascia tendinitis throughout training camp that made it difficult for him to walk at times.
  2. On November 8, it was reported Cruz suffered a broken arm and he was forced to pull from the card.
  3. It was reported on December 11, 2018 that Cruz injured his shoulder and pulled out of the fight. Subsequently, Cruz indicated that he expects to be out of competition for another year.
How about start with "I hope Cruz fights again"?

I haven’t heard anything about Cruz. Is he fighting again? If so I hope he can go on a run injury free. It would be nice to see what a healthy Cruz in 2019 can do. Omitting all his previous injuries, of course. Those are a fact that he must unfortunately live with.

I don’t like the way he talks. And I think he can be insufferable on the mic at times. But I like watching him fight.

He fought Faber after TJ

CoGar should fight Barao if you want someone in a similar situation.

Cruz needs to spend some time in the gym after he is done recovering so he can get back into shape, before going into these training camps so he can stand a 50/50 chance making it into the fight instead of these 30/70 odds.

That is a bad idea for Cruz. He has name value to get a higher profile fight. Cody might just beat himi again as its unlikely Cruz will KO Cody and Cody knows he can beat Cruz and will come in with confidence. I think Cruz should just wait for bigger fight opportunitities instead of taking this kind of fight. If he beats Cody, the win will not mean much given Cody's recent slide also. That would be 4 losses in a row and nothing for Cruz to be proud of really, in the eyes of critics.
It is a bad style match up for Cruz too

Cruz needs to spend some time in the gym after he is done recovering so he can get back into shape, before going into these training camps so he can stand a 50/50 chance making it into the fight instead of these 30/70 odds.
Was cruz in camp for this last injury? I think it was just a broken arm from regular training. Might be wrong though.

Back