I hope BJ Penn starts training again with Marv Marinovich

Lazy but talented as fuck
I agree 100% he is absolutely one of the most naturally talented fighters we've seen. If he had the training regimen/work ethic of a GSP who knows how great he could have been

Lol at Marinovich Penn. More like Pre-USADA Penn, amirite? You know those guys were putting something in BJ's water.

Lol at Marinovich Penn. More like Pre-USADA Penn, amirite? You know those guys were putting something in BJ's water.
I assume that you're a BJ fan haha

I had no issue with the split, shit happens. He could've afforded another strength and conditioning coach and kept doing what he did, albeit a bit differently. However, he tried to rationalise it all in a very negative way. He said that he felt that it took too much of his time and that he could incorporate Marv's principles into his striking and grappling training instead of dedicating few hours to S&C training exclusively. imo it was a huge step backwards for him.
They kinda get in to it here:

Idiotic post. You don't get as far as he did in mma or BJJ without work ethic.
When I guy achieves what Penn did in both MMA and BJJ in such a SHORT time, it's more likely to having to do with having genius talent than being a hard worker. They called BJ "The Prodigy" for a reason. BJ's EVIDENT lack of effort and coachibility makes the his clear. He's the Alan Iverson of MMA.

A guy already in trouble with USADA going to train with Marinovich? ... hmmm.....

Allthough Marv trained BJ to be the best version of him,
I don't think his training regimen was healthy in the long run.

Thanks. Will check it out later. Guy turned RDA into a monster and he's one of Marv's students isn't he?
Yeah. It goes on for about 10 mins or so. Then they veer off to other topics. Penn does pop up a few times in their conversation. But that particular part is in regards to Penn and Marinovich split.

"Marvs great but imma put his ideas into practice the way it suits me and incorporate that shit into making myself a punching bag".

He had zero work ethic and hated the effort it started taking to be a champion in MMA. When other fighters started coming in who were well rounded with great cardio that he couldn't just blow through in a round or two. Most talented fighter we have seen yet. Far more so than even Jon Jones.

he will NEVER go anywhere near Marv again. Marv held him accountable and made him work hard which is something baby BJ isnt capable of, he cant handle actually training. He has 0 effort or work ethic, which is shitty.
How the fuck do you know all of this lol

Do you really think the guy would have made it this far with 0 effort or work ethic. He might have slacked on his training here and there but plenty of other fighters have went on a decline later in their career regardless of how they were training

Not saying I know for sure about BJ's work ethic but I am certain you are wrong

How the fuck do you know all of this lol

Do you really think the guy would have made it this far with 0 effort or work ethic. He might have slacked on his training here and there but plenty of other fighters have went on a decline later in their career regardless of how they were training

Not saying I know for sure about BJ's work ethic but I am certain you are wrong

"Not saying I know for sure"
"Im certain youre wrong"

You like the yankees.

Im done

he will NEVER go anywhere near Marv again. Marv held him accountable and made him work hard which is something baby BJ isnt capable of, he cant handle actually training. He has 0 effort or work ethic, which is shitty.

I wouldn't say 0.

On a scale of 1-10... he's probably a 2

You should be

giphy.gif

I really dont get that whole BJ Penn worshipping. He has like 15-20 record and looked absolutely horrible and anywhere in fight shape in last like 6 years.

Michael Jordan sucks, guy hasn't dunked on anyone in 6 years.

When I guy achieves what Penn did in both MMA and BJJ in such a SHORT time, it's more likely to having to do with having genius talent than being a hard worker. They called BJ "The Prodigy" for a reason. BJ's EVIDENT lack of effort and coachibility makes the his clear. He's the Alan Iverson of MMA.

Lol ok

Back