I honestly don’t care if...

If Conor said nothing, he'd stylistically be a popular fighter among "true fight fans".

He's an exciting striker. He finds counters with pressure.

Last edited:
I hate defending Conor, but this forum makes me do it.

So no one who ever fought khabib should fight again? It’s the same damn thing.

UFC is booked, scheduled and presented like a TV show - with no points, no off season, no tournament structure and rankings based on opinions. It is sports entertainment. You may want it to be something else, but that's on you for wanting something that isn't there. On top of that, watching fighting for fighting's sake is only for industry people in the bubble (fighters, coaches, analysts) and the hard core fans - sadists and psychopaths - who are an abysmal minority. Appeasing these two demographics doesn't sell. Appealing to the normal folks is what sells and normies like personalities, conflicts and clear stakes. Which is what Conor used to offer big time and Khabib doesn't even come close to offering.

Conor's taken a hit - NOT BY LOSING - but by allegedly doing horrible shit outside the cage. Some stuff that's too off putting to be forgiven. Hopefully, none of it is true, but it has affected his persona - at least made some people cautious and distant.

And that's the big key factor. Difference between Conor and Khabib is a difference between cult of leadership and cult of personality. Khabib is only good to his fans as long as he's winning, if he ever loses - he'll be rudely forgotten and ditched to the side. Meanwhile Conor - as long as he was holding on to that big dreaming, fun having, money making cunt with a hint of respect and some morals - he was golden. Losing doesn't matter. Losing doesn't matter when you have charisma and personality. But he went off the rails. Now he's pretending to be nice and respectful, months back he was short fused and irritated. And neither one of these is the fun cunt people got on board with.

And that's his issue. Not a loss to Khabib. Nobody gives a shit about that.

Back