I honestly don’t care if...

Conor hasn’t had a boring fight in the ufc, there is a lot of reasons to hate him but his fighting style and fights ain’t it

Conor will always have a push. He's a very carefully manufactured entity. That a lot of money has been spent on & they are going to squeeze every penny they can out of their investment. Regardless if the guy playing the part has spiraled out of control or not. PR teams are in overdrive creating whatever narratives and illusions are needed to keep this thing going.

More people watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians than watch Ken Burns Documentaries.
Es Normal.

Conor fans are annoying, but there is no denying that he is a talented and exciting fighter. In MMA the more exciting fighters you have the more exciting fights you have. It’s quite simple really.

ha ha , popularity yes but doesnt change the fact that Khabib beat the shit out of him.
just accept it and get on with your life

I've accepted the loss and it doesn't affect my life one iota. I'm not the one starting threads crying about people still liking Conor more than Khabib. Some people seem genuinely angry a loss hasn't hurt his stock as much as they'd like, its weird.

Many will try to prove their MMA fan credentials by disagreeing, but deep down a guy like Khabib will never garner the same kind of adulation a guy like Conor can achieve, and that's down to their fighting style, not the talk, Khabib has a low risk sport orientated fighting style, dominant yes, but like GSP and many others before him the fear of losing has led them to a grinding style, whereas guys like Chuck and Conor put themselves at risk to knock out their opponent, i'm not saying it's not smart to play to your strengths, just that that kind of fighter is very rarely held to the same esteem by the average joe, it happens in Boxing too, Floyds skills are appreciated by all, but a guy like Gatti is loved.

In most cultures if a fight broke out and one of the guys dove for a leg he'd get called a pussy, that same mentality bleeds into the sports fanbase and no amount of educating people on the sport will completely remove that deep rooted thought pattern.

I disagree. It's 10% fighting style, and 90% sheer charisma.
Conor McGregor has a magnetic charm to him, he attracts people (though he completely lost that after the mayweather fight and turned into a scumbag...Now in 2020 he seems like his old self again).

I disagree. It's 10% fighting style, and 90% sheer charisma.
Conor McGregor has a magnetic charm to him, he attracts people (though he completely lost that after the mayweather fight and turned into a scumbag...Now in 2020 he seems like his old self again).
Charisma of course plays a big part in his success, that's the difference between say Chuck and Conor, but if Conor had the exact same personality and fought like Jon fitch he'd be 1/10th as popular.

I always start threads about stuff I don't care about too

Investing in a single fighter is gonna lead to pain down the road. Someday your boy Khabib is gonna get demolished by someone. That's how MMA works. Idols always fall, and the fall is always sudden and unexpected (for those who say "Waddabout GSP", he walked away from the sport when the competition caught up to him. Don't know if that's better or worst). It's a lot more fun to root for who you want regardless of whether or not they are the GOAT, or just enjoy watching fights where you don't care who wins, and just have fun.

I'm one of the guys who shits on Conor the most on Sherdog.
But the reason I shit on him is his being overrated & carried by the UFC, not because of his personality.
And I am talking about his old personality, not the disrespectful new personality.

I actually love Conor in terms of his old personality and its simply because he's a compelling man with a compelling story, whether people like it or not.

Its a true rags to riches story, and lots of what Conor was saying was hugely motivational to me, at that period in my life.

People are attracted to charismatic people. Hitler, Napoleon, Julius Caesar, you name it.
Charismatic people who seem to transcend everything and seemingly are able to carry themselves to the heavens through sheer will.

Conor seems to be that kind of mystical individual with amazing charisma and presence. And that attracts people.

Like it or not, as good as Khabib is (and he is the best currently IMHO), Khabib is not charismatic in the least. People like Khabib, but thats it. He's a top athlete but he's not the kind of person you'd follow to the grave. Conor is a charismatic rabble rouser similar to these controversial figures of history I mentioned. He is one of a kind.
Holy moly, is this unbiased logic I see on Sherdog? <Eek2.0>

It used to be cool to be a Conor lover when he was laying waste in Europe, then he got popular and it became uncool to like him - like liking Metallica after the Black Album. With Khabib, it was cool to like him when he was the guy that wore a funny hat and no one could pronounce his name when he was humbly murking great and proven fighters in ways no one had; then it became uncool when he started being a giant hypocrite and bullying people, humiliating homeless people, hanging out with dictators, calling for a Mayweather boxing match while taking about 'legacy', while all the Conor haters picked him up as their spirit animal and all his fans were really only bound thru hating and trolling Conor or being Muslim. Now, it feels the cool thing to do is just be honest, objective and not ride either of their nuts, being able to admit both their flaws and hypocrisy or positive assets they bring without being a hater or hugger.

Khabib would probably beat Conor any day of the week, but he is much larger and has a much safer style, while Conor is much more courageous, daring and an exciting fighter. Khabib will never be the star Conor is and will never be a true US main stream force like Brock or Ronda either, and have the ability to draw a million+ PPV's just by himself. If anything it is like a Tyson vs Holyfield analogy, where one guy shined brighter but burnt out quicker and more chaotically, where as the other was more consistent, lacked the legal shenanigans but never burned as bright.

Many will try to prove their MMA fan credentials by disagreeing, but deep down a guy like Khabib will never garner the same kind of adulation a guy like Conor can achieve, and that's down to their fighting style, not the talk, Khabib has a low risk sport orientated fighting style, dominant yes, but like GSP and many others before him the fear of losing has led them to a grinding style, whereas guys like Chuck and Conor put themselves at risk to knock out their opponent, i'm not saying it's not smart to play to your strengths, just that that kind of fighter is very rarely held to the same esteem by the average joe, it happens in Boxing too, Floyds skills are appreciated by all, but a guy like Gatti is loved.

In most cultures if a fight broke out and one of the guys dove for a leg he'd get called a pussy, that same mentality bleeds into the sports fanbase and no amount of educating people on the sport will completely remove that deep rooted thought pattern.
I'd also say that fighting style usually sheds light about who the person is inside. Guys that just stand and bang, don't wrestle-hump point fight are much more likely to fight anyone, anywhere, anytime and not let a loss destroy them - they abide by more a samurai 'die or kill by the sword' mentality - Cerrone and Conor would both fall into this class. Historically, guys that take the safe route have weaker characters and are more prone to cheating, as the fear of losing is simply overwhelming and would destroy them - i.e. Jones. A guy like Hendo used to just sniff jock straps but he was a man's man and then became a brawler, went from WW up to HW, took losses like a man and went out on his shield with his head held high. A guy like Khabib tho, all you have to do is watch his loss in Sambo and you will see what that did to him: I've never seen a male fighter react so dramatically to a loss, it was like he let his father, God and country down and would rather seppuku than losing a competition. For these reasons, I think it is very likely he has a few more safe fights and hangs it up before he takes an L, and its no surprise he has nearly died cutting weight and about every person in his camp has been busted for some PED's.

Conor returns or not and I’m really shocked that he is still popular after getting destroyed by the real phenomenon in Khabib! Why do some people love to be scammed that I don’t understand, can u please explain to me why just because someone talks smack u find him appealing? Is this a drama king sport or who is the better fighter sport?

source.gif
I respect Conor only because his fighting IQ and stand up fighting style this all other wrestling ground game cardio outside of octagon: his redneck trainers stupid problems and it all become from number 1 thing I hate the most his alcohol problem since early 2017 and destroying that hotel room

Not a Conor fan so il way in here.

I'm sadly finding myself excited for his return.

As much as I want to see his head kicked clean off I also recognized the importance of excitement of who he is in mma and want to see that continue.

In short fuck Conor but I hope he stays around for me to say fuck Conor some more.

Not a Conor fan so il way in here.

I'm sadly finding myself excited for his return.

As much as I want to see his head kicked clean off I also recognized the importance of excitement of who he is in mma and want to see that continue.

In short fuck Conor but I hope he stays around for me to say fuck Conor some more.
That’s the logical answer I expect from a logical person, thank u!

Back