I honestly don’t care if...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by true_fan, Jan 16, 2020.

1. true_fan Silver Belt

Conor returns or not and I’m really shocked that he is still popular after getting destroyed by the real phenomenon in Khabib! Why do some people love to be scammed that I don’t understand, can u please explain to me why just because someone talks smack u find him appealing? Is this a drama king sport or who is the better fighter sport?

[​IMG]

2. loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

It's both?

3. AmericanMMA Brown Belt

TS hates fun

4. Fraz WATP

Because all true fans know that Conor is focused and training properly now so Khabibs fluke grappling won't work in a rematch.

5. D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

Conor is an exciting fighter, khabib is not.

6. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

Yeah, lets only watch the best fighter in every weight class and not bother watching anyone else.

7. Paulsp Yellow Card Yellow Card

Conor haters are quite the whiney bunch aren’t they

8. yekmurat Silver Belt

Conor is not boring you are turning into an oldass angry guy

9. King Joffery Brown Belt

Conor is and always will be more popular than Khabib, no matter how much you wish otherwise, just accept it and get on with your life.

10. YellowBanenoo Banned Banned

TS sounds mad.

Just accept that Kebab will never be as popular as Conor in the first world countries.

11. Fahcough Silver Belt

Professional sports reward criminals. People are too stupid to realize they are funding it.

12. Arqueto Luminous beings are we.....not this crude matter

It was exciting when Khabib kicked his butt though.

13. Dana's Moonface Silver Belt

Suck it up man

He will be gone in a year or so and so will khabib

Who will we love and hate then??

upload_2020-1-16_13-6-48.jpeg

upload_2020-1-16_13-7-17.jpeg

Natty GOAT bless!!

14. Sarge3000 Banned Banned

I'm one of the guys who shits on Conor the most on Sherdog.
    But the reason I shit on him is his being overrated & carried by the UFC, not because of his personality.
    And I am talking about his old personality, not the disrespectful new personality.

I actually love Conor in terms of his old personality and its simply because he's a compelling man with a compelling story, whether people like it or not.

Its a true rags to riches story, and lots of what Conor was saying was hugely motivational to me, at that period in my life.

People are attracted to charismatic people. Hitler, Napoleon, Julius Caesar, you name it.
    Charismatic people who seem to transcend everything and seemingly are able to carry themselves to the heavens through sheer will.

Conor seems to be that kind of mystical individual with amazing charisma and presence. And that attracts people.

Like it or not, as good as Khabib is (and he is the best currently IMHO), Khabib is not charismatic in the least. People like Khabib, but thats it. He's a top athlete but he's not the kind of person you'd follow to the grave. Conor is a charismatic rabble rouser similar to these controversial figures of history I mentioned. He is one of a kind.

15. pride_rules Purple Belt

out of all gifs and avs.

yours is the only one i see and my brain adds sound lol.
    it is a very animated nom chomp sound. my morning buzz decided that was important enough to share

16. RockyLockridge Silver Belt

Conor is a fun fighter to watch. He talked shit and backed it up it made it hard to doubt him. I know people who hate Conor aren't always one for being rational, but he only has one unavenged loss. He still has very impressive wins over great fighters like porier, aldo Mendes Alverez and Diaz

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  17. legedema Black Belt

ha ha , popularity yes but doesnt change the fact that Khabib beat the shit out of him.
    just accept it and get on with your life

18. jikjik Orange Belt

Truth is Conor is a phenomenal fighter. Like it or not, the way he demolished Aldo and destroyed Alvarez will live its own life forever. He also is a great trashtalker who ate Nate and few others for breakfast during his press conferences giving us lots of free entertainment. Listening to him was like this guilty pleasure you had in highschool listening to class leader making fun of everybody. Half of us wanted to be that guy. So Conor made his name, talked the talk and walked the walk. He does have a hole in grappling department, has/had (hopefully gone) his nightmare coke and booze problem but it only makes him more humane. I do not condone his actions off stage, but a lot of it is still to be proven true in court, baring old man punch incident - thats some stupid shit - So overall he is entertainer who talked his way into boxing match against arguably the best boxer alive. Show me the next guy who did all that and I will be a fan.
    I hope he conquered his demons and will leave drugs and booze behind while he still can. Lets see, roll on saturday night!

19. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

I hadn't made the chomp connection yet, my idea was more of a screaming sound lol

20. Sjb1888 Silver Belt

Many will try to prove their MMA fan credentials by disagreeing, but deep down a guy like Khabib will never garner the same kind of adulation a guy like Conor can achieve, and that's down to their fighting style, not the talk, Khabib has a low risk sport orientated fighting style, dominant yes, but like GSP and many others before him the fear of losing has led them to a grinding style, whereas guys like Chuck and Conor put themselves at risk to knock out their opponent, i'm not saying it's not smart to play to your strengths, just that that kind of fighter is very rarely held to the same esteem by the average joe, it happens in Boxing too, Floyds skills are appreciated by all, but a guy like Gatti is loved.

In most cultures if a fight broke out and one of the guys dove for a leg he'd get called a pussy, that same mentality bleeds into the sports fanbase and no amount of educating people on the sport will completely remove that deep rooted thought pattern.

21. FaceSlam Orange Belt

No easy way to write this: there's alot of Shirley's calling themselves Steve around here. You get me?