I highly recommend watching video game cutscene movies

as seaman guy on the ship used to say: any fucking in that?

Haha I do that too. I lke the new Mortal Kombat one's although they make no sense

Last edited:
I've watched videogame movies for games I've already played long ago, but don't have the time to replay them but just want to experience the story again.

The original Metal Gear Solid is a masterpiece, one of my favorite games of all time, but its aged like milk. But the storytelling and voiceacting has aged like fine wine. This 4 hour summary of all the game's relevant cutscenes and codec conversations would save everyone at least 9 hours.

And the interrogation tapes offers an awesome prologue to the story.

great game in its time ^

for myself, I havent really been too interested in cutscenes in most games for a long time, Im a scene skipper for sure

The problem with this is there's still alot in the plot that gets covered by in-game play, and videos made with purely cut scenes will miss alot like a confusing jump cut

Personally I don't feel right doing that. It feels like a sin

Movies these days are just terrible. Video game story lines are infinitely better. Could you fucken imagine if Star Wars actually grew a set and did something like this ?

They're great for when I'm interested enough in a storyline, but don't want to commit 20+ hours in reaching the finale. Legacy of Kain comes to mind.

I liked unlocking the movies from PS1 SFEX+Alpha but too short.

I've watched videogame movies for games I've already played long ago, but don't have the time to replay them but just want to experience the story again.

The original Metal Gear Solid is a masterpiece, one of my favorite games of all time, but its aged like milk. But the storytelling and voiceacting has aged like fine wine. This 4 hour summary of all the game's relevant cutscenes and codec conversations would save everyone at least 9 hours.

And the interrogation tapes offers an awesome prologue to the story.

The bits of Death Stranding that I saw around its release did seem to actually be quite well acted/written for a videogame, helps I spose they were able to hire people like Mads and Seydoux.

Back