I heart my dummy

toetagga

White Belt
Reaction score
Just wanted to plug these guys...

http://www.trainingdummies.com/

...from whom I ordered a training dummy recently. If you've got the money floating around I do recommend buying one - the actual merits of training your subs on the dummy are somewhat questionable (unless you can rig up some kind of skeleton...), but the thing is excellent for just general cardio and strength training, and it's also great for getting past that tentative stage in your throws. For myself, the benefits have been well worth the price tag. Yup, beating up a large humanoid cushion is definitely the informed exercise choice of the solitary weirdo.

Stuffed with the rags of an old punchbag, about 60lbs. They sell them as empty suits, so it can be filled with pretty much anything to make it the desired weight.

kinda sweet lookin :D I dont think I would throw $300 at one but still cool, thanks for the link.

I should post up pics of my suplex dummy sometime. Anyone of you guys seen the Budostore/Hayashi made black leather dummies?

Superbeast said:
I should post up pics of my suplex dummy sometime. Anyone of you guys seen the Budostore/Hayashi made black leather dummies?

nope, post a pic

hayashidummy9wv.jpg

Hayashi UK suplex dummy. Pretty sturdy, tough leather exterior, cost me

I wanted one just for ground and pound .used an old pair of overalls,tied up arms and legs and stuffed with old clothes/foam padding put a hoodie on it and tied up and stuffed head /hood bit to give it head(oooerr!) shape then duct taped it all up.Its not pretty but it does the job and is still going strong after 1 year , used 2ce a week approx.

Back