I have to euthanise my dog on Monday

Chin up fella. A lot of us on these boards have been through this and it sucks. To me it's no different from losing anyone you care about. Your little furry friend will be off to a better place with no pain.

the-dog-is-a-gentleman-i-hope-to-go-to-his-heaven-not-mans-6.png

Head high today sherbro.

Sorry for your loss bro ... Like i said earlier, this day is gonna suck and you will remember it with heartbreak ... But remembering all of the good shit will by far out weigh this day man ... Dog truly is mans best friend ... If we only deserved it

Keep breathing today, it's one of the tougher things in life we have to do, but so worth the countless gifts that our pets give us throughout the years..Be at peace, your doing the right thing..

My family has to do the exact same thing this morning. Had her since a puppy, 16 years. Everyone is pretty upset, especially my brother. It's really his dog, he's been heartbroken all weekend

I truly believe there's a heaven for your pets.
Sending you all the love today, ts!

Lights Out, as evidenced by this thread, you gave Patch a good life and lots of love. I know that, despite the pain you feel, you're doing the right thing by not allowing her to further suffer. There will be peace in that decision that you'll always have.

My family has to do the exact same thing this morning. Had her since a puppy, 16 years. Everyone is pretty upset, especially my brother. It's really his dog, he's been heartbroken all weekend
Take care and 16 years is a long life for a dog...

Man's best friend.
You walk in the door, and every time, is like the greatest thing that ever happened in the history of Creation for about ten minutes.
Nobody else will ever be as happy to see you.

I've had to put many down, and the only thing to soothe is as follows:
*myself, to daughter* "Honey, we had to put the dog down today, he's gone."

*my daughter, tears welling in her little eyes* "... When can we get a puppy?"

RIP Patch.

Some people do not understand the love and attention that animal lovers give their pets, and that them passing hurts just as bad, or more in some cases than other humans we know passing. That might sound harsh and a bit inhuman, but its the truth.

Our little Boston was the wife and I's first pet. She would not sit/lay down for the first 5-6 years we had her. She just turned 7, and for the past year she just lays around, eats and sleeps. She is no where close to going, but it's getting us to think about what we will do when the time comes, and just the thought saddens us.

Worst part is, our little Nellie has been in our daughters life the whole 3 years of her existence. I will be heart broken as fuck to see our daughter react to our dogs passing, let alone the wife and I having to deal with it.

Fucking sucks man. Wish you the best, and may another puppy catch your eye and start this wonderful yet tragic story all over again :)

Even though you cannot replace your current/past dog, you can have a completely new experience with another :)

RIP Patch:

Eulogy for a Dog by George Graham Vest

The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

I know that it was hard for you today. But I pray that you felt that all of us here in this thread were with you in that room in spirit.. Always remember that Patch did her job in comforting and protecting her master. Now it's time for her to go on to her great reward. Goodbyes are tearful but it's her turn to rest.

Peaceful journey Patch...

Rest in peace, Patch.

Hold on to the good memories and remember that you gave her a good life TS. You did the right thing for her, because now she doesn't have to suffer. I hope that will give you some peace of mind.

I know that feel. Feels terrible to do, but know you're doing it to save your dog from suffering and hold on to the good memories.

My dog is 11. Got her as a puppy. Came home one day, surprise! The wife and kid had gone and gotten her. I was like wtf? Because I knew my wife, she'd get tired of the dog, I'd be attached, and she's want to get rid of her. I was attached inside of 30 minutes, and thinking "one day I'll have to bury her". When the wife left in 2012, she took the dog. Predictably, she got tired of her and I got her back 2 years later, had her since. Best dog ever.

Stuff like this makes me appreciate and value her even more.

try and take it easy mate

you've done right by your dog and she's lived a full life

If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then dogs are better off than a lot of humans...The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.

RIP

Back