I have to euthanise my dog on Monday

You guys are great. I wasn't expecting this overwhelming support and I sincerely appreciate all your kind words. I don't post often on this forum but there is a reason I keep coming back. We may be strangers from all around the world but in hard times like these you guys really come through to support your fellow man. Thanks again, Sherbrethern.

Putting her down when she's suffering is a great act of love. So, love her one last time.

I'd recommend you just keep crying. Don't deprive yourself of the grieving process. You'll mess yourself up if you don't let it naturally happen. Maybe you can spend time talking to her too. Tell her how great of a dog she has been and talk about all the memories you've shared together. Who knows, maybe she will be able to read the vibrations and have an idea of what you're talking about. Dogs are good with those kinda things

I'm a dog owner, and am dreading the day I am going to have to put my dog to sleep.

I can undeniably say it's going to be the saddest day of my life, and I'm going to have to take a week off from whatever job I have to cry in my bed.

But I'm not going to be like many dog owners and not get another dog, ever, and just have a hole in my soul. I'm going to get another dog, within a week or two.

Fuck. A few tiers have rolled down my face just thinking about this, while typing.

Dogs, especially mine, are my emotional cryptonite.

lebJRPSh.jpg

I'm a dog owner, and am dreading the day I am going to have to put my dog to sleep.

I can undeniably say it's going to be the saddest day of my life, and I'm going to have to take a week off from whatever job I have to cry in my bed.

But I'm not going to be like many dog owners and not get another dog, ever, and just have a hole in my soul. I'm going to get another dog, within a week or two.

Fuck. A few tiers have rolled down my face just thinking about this, while typing.

Dogs, especially mine, are my emotional cryptonite.

Well said, man. They truly are something special. Makes me sick to know that there are some people out there who can mistreat them or harm them without a second thought.

You guys are great. I wasn't expecting this overwhelming support and I sincerely appreciate all your kind words. I don't post often on this forum but there is a reason I keep coming back. We may be strangers from all around the world but in hard times like these you guys really come through to support your fellow man. Thanks again, Sherbrethern.

Oh, I forgot to say the obligatory...

Literally none of this actually happened.

;)

Well said, man. They truly are something special. Makes me sick to know that there are some people out there who can mistreat them or harm them without a second thought.

And those type of people, I consider them on the same level of humanity as pedophiles.

I'm so very sorry. It's the worst thing to do, ever. I'm so attached to my best mate's dog and the thought of him going away is just unthinkable. Much much much love.

Your dog is about to embark on the big journey into the unknown. The end of our physical life is a very scary journey, and it has to be made alone. If it is any consolation, we all will take that mysterious passage, alone. I am scared too. But it will all work out in the end. I am as sure of this as I am sure that the sun will birth the morning, and that the moon will inspire the poets tonight. The only thing that your dog truly wants you to do is to never forget that she was unique. Remember this. Keep the memory alive.

Last edited:
RAINBOW%20BRIDGE_zpshxzsjuvl.jpg

Journey well, Patch.

Say hello to an old friend for me when you get to the Rainbow Bridge.

There is that movie entitled All Dogs Go to Heaven, I haven't actually seen it but I believe in that sentiment. If you believe in the concept of heaven since all dogs are good in spirit they all end up there. All dogs are born loving and its only shitty knuckle dragging owners who change that.

alldogsgotoheaven2.jpg

I'm not a particularly religious person, but if there's one thing I'm certain of, is that if there is a heaven, our loving doggies are waiting for us up there.

And I know of alot of church leaders say that dogs don't have souls. But why would God give us souls, but not give each of them one, when they are a better creation of his?

Hey lights, so sorry to hear you have to do this.

I dont know how I will feel if I have to put my dog to sleep.

But I think I would just give him a big hug and accept it that by puting him to sleep I will spare him from un necessary pain and suffering.

I am lucky we dont have to put our dog down though he died peacefully in his sleep.

Our dog died, 2 years ago.

My family were devastated for weeks my aunt cried for days.

I still miss him to this day actually its his birthday yesterday Feb 14, I posted his picture on my thread "Post pics of your pet"

I have his pictures save on my phone so whenever I feel stressed and hopeless in life I have some thing to look at and helped me with the fond memories with my dogy and give me a reminder how cheerfull he gets when I return from work and how he sleeps in my lap.

Even though I still miss him I no longer feel devastated

I will always miss him, and I think its okay because that means I genuinely loved that dog and I am a proud person to say that I have loved him like that.

Their spirit will never die if we love them.

Rest in peace to your beautiful pup. Dogs can really show us how much we're capable of loving something. That's an amazing gift.

We here for ya bud, sounds like she was an awesome dog and you were a great owner

Back