"I have only been caught in 1 triangle choke!"

true,.. i meant triangles arent the end all submission because i dont think they're all that great so if you get caught in one its no big deal. my friend is super lanky and just plays guard to throw up triangles but when when he gets passed he cant do anything.
Your friend has an incomplete game. What's your point?

true,.. i meant triangles arent the end all submission because i dont think they're all that great so if you get caught in one its no big deal. my friend is super lanky and just plays guard to throw up triangles but when when he gets passed he cant do anything.

triangle from guard would have to be one of the highest percentage moves ever, from white belt all the way up to the elite level.

it's good that u accept it cuz some people would still go on w the attitude like whatever im still the best

However i must say ive never been caught in a triangle!!!! LOL hopefully i don't get caught in any now! But i'll admit i get tapped by arm bars like every minute!!!!!! I just know how 2 guard against the triangle choke cuz well i do it 2 it all the time so i know defense against it. But yeah i get tapped by other stuff NON STOP! It's very humbling. I used 2 think i was good! Then reality hit me!

i get armbarred more than traingles-- having good posture from the guard will prevent most attacks

I am hungry for some humble pie. I haven't had some for a while. I need it to get me a little more motivated.

haha. great story. it made me laugh.
my recent humble pie was served without asking for it. i was training with xande and he is wokring me over... putting me in all sorts of shit and not letting me tap etc. he gets me in side control and flattens me out. once i am flat he puts his arms by his side and tell me "escape". i really couldn't. eventually i say "jesus xande this is embarassing" to whic h he replies "it's not embarassing. some black belts have felt this".
the next day i get my purple belt from Lovato Jr, Sr and Xande. now xande rolls me up with one hand in his belt. then the other hand in his belt. then Lovato Jr. rolls me up pretty good\, but it was a great day and the humble pie was great too.

Agreed. Fun story. :)

I get tapped all the time. I'm just so glad to finally be sparring at full strength. I feel like I'm learning a lot more even though I'm getting my ass handed to me day in and day out. :)

Kind of like a new whitebelt we had once made the mistake of telling Coach "I like practicing with you because you're the only one here who can throw me". The poor bastard didn't know everyone else had orders to go easy on him.

After practice the order was recinded.

He apologized to the coach the next day after we unleased hell on him and he recieved more frequent flyer miles than an airplane pilot, and was pretty humble from then on.

Back